Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Full pipe and fuel management system are the extent of most street riders quest for power. With the Power Commander you will want a full custom fuel, and maybe ignition, map to get the most out of it. There are quite a few more ponies hiding in there than a downloaded map will get you.

I also headerwrapped my pipes with insulating fiberglass cloth wrap, good for a couple ponies.

Other common mod, although not a power mod, is a TRE (timing retard eliminator)

you can get a k&n filter, but todays Fuel Injected bikes have GREAT filters and this will not get you much if any power.... just a filter that can be cleaned and reused instead of replaced. i also feel they filter better than stock while keeping power the same.

You can gain what is percieved as more power by going to a 520 acceleration kit on the sprockets. This usually drops one tooth on the front and a bit of rotating mass from the drive line to give you more acceleration (less top speed though) and the feeling of more power.

Those are the most common mods

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
No problem man, a full custom map on a power commander for $200 is about right. I paid $250 for mine. Some can also TEKA tune, which is remapping the stock ECM, but it is not really reversable and I personally didnt like the performance it gave.

The full hindle is a nice system, that is what I run, and it is a good price.

Goodluck man
keep it safe

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.