Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone new guy here. I've been riding along time and turning wrenches on them some what as a hobby as well. But I'm having a issue that has me stumped bad. So my bike is a 2002 gixxer 1k Tsr headers with yoshi slip on. Pc 3. So when I bought the bike the previous owner couldn't get it to start. I got it to start cause the pc 3 failed so i un pulled it and put new plugs in it fresh gas. Fired right up.took it on a ride and it kept falling on its face. So upon further inspection of the tank i notices a crap load of rust. Drained tank pulled fuel pump and just went ahead and ordered a new quantum fuel pump and fuel regulator. Put that in and took off on ride the new fuel pump made it worse couldn't get it past a 1/8 of the throttle and it would die. So more inspection I noticed some wires were cut and spliced at the ecm plug and where it connects up by the ignition and switches. so got a new oem from suzuki wiring harness and new left and right switches and also bought the number 2 harness. well put all that on took off on a test ride it took off great but once i got to a certain throttle point it was like some one tuned the fuel off and on off on. So i put my new/used injectors in and still same bs and it dies as well going down the road. then get it restarted then 5 mins later does it again. Only thin i can think of is maybe the throttle bodies need to be synched. I'm also getting the lovely c28 code as well So I'm stumped

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
Welcome.

I'm not sure if the C28 secondaries problem can cause all your issues but did you do a fuel pressure and flow test after your tank work to make sure everything was back together and working correctly?

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

I'm not sure if the C28 secondaries problem can cause all your issues but did you do a fuel pressure and flow test after your tank work to make sure everything was back together and working correctly?
No I did not I totally forgot to do that 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
45 psi from pump to injectors put in new plugs and coil packs today. Still falls on its face

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
45 psi from pump to injectors put in new plugs and coil packs today. Still falls on its face
Good pressure, how about the flow amount? It should be good but you should check so you can eliminate it as an issue.

@Chuckster can the STVA cause his issue? I don't know what the usual symptoms are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I be got video of it but it won’t up load from my phone

·
Registered
783 Posts
"i notices a crap load of rust"
That and you not mentioning replacing the main filter makes me very suspicious. The classic symptom of a clogged filter is that it bogs down or falls on its face when the fuel demand (RPM and throttle) goes up. The filter screen in your injectors might be clogged if you've somehow bypassed the main filter.

"Flow is very good"
How much?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 296423
That and you not mentioning replacing the main filter makes me very suspicious. The classic symptom of a clogged filter is that it bogs down or falls on its face when the fuel demand (RPM and throttle) goes up. The filter screen in your injectors might be clogged if you've somehow bypassed the main filter.

"Flow is very good"
How much?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

"Flow is very good"
How much?
Font Line Parallel Slope Auto part
you talking about this one ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm gonna do the high pressure fuel filter bypass tomorrow and see if that clears up my problem

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
With C28, it's common that the secondary throttle vavles are stuck in the closed position. Pretty easy to test. Just unplug the main connector for the STVA and turn the secondary valves to the fully open position by hand. You'll still have the code and it should scream all the way to redline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts