Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my gsxr 1000 for a little while now I have chromed out the wheels and windscreen and put an undertail on it . The list of performance parts I have done is a yosh triangle slip on , a k&n filter ,and a timing retard eliminator. I am still not happy with the power I need more! any suggestions. I know I could do extensive internal mods but I am hoping either a bolt on or clip on or atleast a simple do it yourself type of mod internally . I am ok at mechanicing. any thing helps ! Please if you have something smart (ASS) to say, please say it to someone else! thanks all!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
why do you need more power out of a gsxr thou? are you racing it or just riding on the street?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mods

YOU COULD LOOK IN TO POWER COMANDERS
ADJUSTABLE CAM GEARS , IGNITION ADVANCMENT ROTORS , UP LOOK AT GSXRZONE.COM OR DYNOJET , TO GET A LITTLE FASTER TAKE OFF YOU COULD GET A 520 CHAIN AND SPROKET SET UP YOU WILL LOOSE THE TOP END SPEED A LITTLE BUT QUICKER TAKE OFF. ANY HOW JUST LOOK AROUND SOME WEB SIGHTS
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Go with a full Exhaust and find a good person with a dyno. They will help you on what you want. Depending on how deep your pockets are you can get your bike to really move. What are you looking for as well in terms of drag racing or road racing or just to say you have XX amount of HP

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
No need for more power on a `1K :headscrat

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
H2447INTX said:
YOU COULD LOOK IN TO POWER COMANDERS
power commander smooth out the power makes it more usable and depending on what and how you ride
ADJUSTABLE CAM GEARS -cams gears will not do anything and cams alone will not do as much as you think for the money they cost, IGNITION ADVANCMENT ROTORS Is not worth the time if you get a pc3r, UP LOOK AT GSXRZONE.COM-Is a start but also when you start to look here you will need to start looking into your pockets alittle bit more oR DYNOJET , TO GET A LITTLE FASTER TAKE OFF YOU COULD GET A 520 CHAIN AND SPROKET SET UP YOU WILL LOOSE THE TOP END SPEED A LITTLE BUT QUICKER TAKE OFF I think you mean he needs to perhaps change his gearing for either -1 or up 2 or 3 in the rear and going to 520 chain is not gonna do anything for him except to got the nearest dealership to purchase another chain. going to a 520 and such benefits on the track such as Ski does.
. ANY HOW JUST LOOK AROUND SOME WEB SIGHTS
What type of riding you do will determin in which directions you head to.
If you attend to a nearest track days I am sure that you will find that the 1k is more than enough. Now if your just wanna have extra power for the sure thrills of the acceleration then attend a drag race function
:thumbup:
:arsenal

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Actually with a PowerCommander you can lose Peak horsepower but have better throttle response and have more horsepower over the whole power band.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You All Very Much For The Insight!

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR THE INSIGHT!
I am not a circle track racer. I do acasionally drag race. In fact I am the only one around here( bloomington IN) who has actually won a drag race on my bike! actaully I won two consecutively! the first one I won the idiots at the dragstip put the bikes against the cars ( not knowing how consistent bikes are) Not only did I have the fastest time there that night but I also won first place and some desent cash. the second time I won which was about two weeks later I went to another drag strip about 35-40 miles from the one I just talked about. This time I had to race all bikes! There was this one all out drag bike there running mid fives in the eigth mile. it was streched and lowered and had some custom fiberglass body work on it and freakin crew working on it and here I am on my gixxer feeling really small. about 2 hours later and several wins I actually cam e away with first place and a trophy and some more cash! those two races were the first and last two races I have ever actaully raced! I have done alot of street racing and some test and tune runs but thats it! I am not trying to sound all cocky or anyhting and if I come accross this way please know I am not a cocky person. This is my first day in a forum and I am just very pleased with the respose to my questions. I Know about gearing but I am trying to steerclear of that at this point because I like the long gears! I am really wanting more engine power . I know the gsxr 1000 is a pretty fast bike and a lot of you think I am crazy for wanting more but I can promise you I am not the first and I will not be the last! I will buy a power commander here shortly. I f there are anymore decently priced bolt or clip on suggestions anyone else has I would love to hear them. There is a honda , suzuki , kawasucki dealership here in town that has a dynomometer machine I will have them throw it on there for me thanx again for the suggestions!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Since you sound as if you just want some power but on a sort of budget than the best thing to get is a dry shot NOS. You can run a 40 shot and that should be more than enough for you and you will still be able to enjoy your everyday usage of your bike. Hey sounds like you have had alot of fun with ya bike, but to be honest and I am not sure if anyone else feels the same but the 1k motor i got is REAL STRONG but its kinda boring. I like my 750 motor as you had to actually know when and where ya bike made power felts to good banging thru the gears to get to that sweet spot. When out in the hills i enjoyed my 750 motor alot better than the 1k motor for once again the thrill of coming outta a curve and wide open without fearing a highside. Once i get outta that curve and hit the straight away I MISS MY 1K motor :rofl:

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I appreciate that! I forgot to mention that the bike I won those races on was my gsxr 750 and I had a dry shot of nos on it. I have had my 1000 for about 6 months now and I like it alot better than the 750 I was thinking about selling my nos on ebay to buy me a power commander this week actually I just took the picture tonight (wierd huh?) So should I sell it for the pc or not? I am kinda on a budget. I have a baby on the way and its either my talon tsi awd or my bike, so bye bye car( thats a no brainer!). I ve got an 02 ram and a 89 supra and a 4door anyways who needs a ricer anyways when youve got a gixxer!( I will miss it though. I have modded the crap out of it, with seats that match the bright green outside, and rims ,and body kit, and roof,and hood scoop, and graphics,and jet black tint its actualy pretty bad ass and its awd with about 375 hp with a nos intercooler fogger on top of that. I ve got about $17,000 in it and I hope to get $5,000 out of it come spring, or sooner! any takers?) I ve got pics and I can send you a list of mods. I might even consider trades I ve got some friends who love bikes but have no credit.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Why don't you just save the hassle of putting on ebay and sell to me PM me or shoot me price I am ready to buy (your dry-kit)

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill take 180.00 for it plus 15 shipping. I have 7 different jets a nos brand cylinoid and a sneaky pete 10 oz bottle and it is about half full. It has all stainless steel braided lines about 4 ft one is 12 inches with a 90 degree elbow on it . it has all adonized connectors and all the wire you could need I can email you pics of the kit if you want!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
email me your informationphone number too and if you have paypal including a pic
also where you from
if you do 180 ship consider it sold

·
Registered
367 Posts
audi1031 said:
A 520 CONVERTION SET UP , IT COMES WITH NEW SPROCKETS FRUNT AND BACK IT DOES CHANGE THE GEARING , SMART ASS! MY BIKE HAS 3-1 NOW OVER STOCK 2.875-1 :2hard

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
H2447INTX said:
A 520 CONVERTION SET UP , IT COMES WITH NEW SPROCKETS FRUNT AND BACK IT DOES CHANGE THE GEARING , SMART ASS! MY BIKE HAS 3-1 NOW OVER STOCK 2.875-1 :2hard
well actually they have just straight 520 kits that keep stock gearing and put a 520 setup on the bike, and they also make, Quick acceleration kits and drop a tooth down in the front, so it would have been better if you would have specified that.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
:laughingr SMART ASS! MY BIKE HAS 3-1 NOW OVER STOCK 2.875-1 :2hard[/QUOTE] :rofl:

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I dont have even the slightest clue of what the hell you two are talking about! Please speak in lamens terms for me remember I am new! my email address is [email protected] that is also my paypal address. I will send it out as soon as I see the money in my account. 180.00 shipped it is to audi ! i will post if he dosent pay and if anyone else wants it they can get it at that point!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
520 is talking about the size of the chain.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If it keeps ringing its because I am on the internet. I have an answering machine that pickes up after 4 rings if I am not home otherwise I am on the net

1 - 20 of 31 Posts