Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently received a gift from one of my close friends who has given up his riding career. I do know how to ride but I don't know much on working with bikes. Anyway the bike has been sitting for years to be exact since 2006. He emptied the tank an took out the fuel pump. I want to give the bike a fresh tune before firing it up an riding the streets. Any suggestions on what I should replace before riding? The bike only has 10k. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just recently received a gift from one of my close friends who has given up his riding career. I do know how to ride but I don't know much on working with bikes. Anyway the bike has been sitting for years to be exact since 2006. He emptied the tank an took out the fuel pump. I want to give the bike a fresh tune before firing it up an riding the streets. Any suggestions on what I should replace before riding? The bike only has 10k. Thanks for any help!
-Change the Oil, oil filter, drain plug crushwasher
-Flush the cooling system.
-Flush the frt/rr hyd. brake systems.
-Inspect frt/rr brake pads and replace if near end of service life
-Inspect drive chain and sprockets for excessive wear and replace if needed. Lube and adjust drive chain.
-Inspect air filter and replace if needed.
-Inspect frt/rr tires & valve stems for wear, damage, dry rot and replace if needed. You may also want to replace if they have a production date of more than five years old.
-Charge and Load test battery. Replace if needed.
-Check and verify correct charging system output.
-Inspect function of all lights and switches. (verify frt/rr brake light switch function) adjust and Repair as required.
-Check torques of all chassis hardware (nuts and bolts).
-Check and adjust control cable freeplay if needed.
-Lubricate all pivot points, sidestand, clutch, frt/rr brake levers, etc.
-Inspect frt/rr suspension for damage leaks (inspect fork seals for leaks).

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
-Change the Oil, oil filter, drain plug crushwasher
-Flush the cooling system.
-Flush the frt/rr hyd. brake systems.
-Inspect frt/rr brake pads and replace if near end of service life
-Inspect drive chain and sprockets for excessive wear and replace if needed. Lube and adjust drive chain.
-Inspect air filter and replace if needed.
-Inspect frt/rr tires & valve stems for wear, damage, dry rot and replace if needed. You may also want to replace if they have a production date of more than five years old.
-Charge and Load test battery. Replace if needed.
-Check and verify correct charging system output.
-Inspect function of all lights and switches. (verify frt/rr brake light switch function) adjust and Repair as required.
-Check torques of all chassis hardware (nuts and bolts).
-Check and adjust control cable freeplay if needed.
-Lubricate all pivot points, sidestand, clutch, frt/rr brake levers, etc.
-Inspect frt/rr suspension for damage leaks (inspect fork seals for leaks).

or he can sell it to me..lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help!! changing the plugs too! anyone can recommend a good site to order these parts from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts