Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My low fuel light will not shut off! It does not matter if the tank is full or empty, it is always lit up. You dont know how annoying that orange light is. Has anyone else had this problem, or have an idea if it is something with wiring or a bad switch?

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
It's probably either a short in the sensor, or the float is stuck or gummed up. You will probably have to pull the tank and remove the fuel pump/sensor assembly to fix it.

FYI I did have a problem like that for a couple months, after I installed a TRE and accidentally hooked it to the fuel harness and not the gear position sensor harness. The bike ran normally but the fuel light stayed on constantly, until I figured out what the problem was.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I would replace the fuel pump. Very cheap to get one on ebay. If you go this route just be sure to order the o-ring for the pump from the dealer because the o-ring is "supposed" to be used only once.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if possible i would take an ohm meter and measure the resisance of the float inside the tank. there should be two wires going to it (located outside of the tank) and you can't measure backwards. i think full is approximately 183 and empty is 0 if you fill your tank and it measures 183ish then your problem is with the circuitry which operates the light. otherwise replace fuel pump/float as previously suggested. and if you want to troubleshoot any electronics get an ohm meter if you don't have one. verry handy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts