Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an aftermarket headlight for my 2002 gsxr 600, and I'm defeated. I'm not sure why, but I just don't even know what to do. Looking at the wiring diagram hasn't helped. I'm linking three pictures. The first is the wires going to the bulbs (and turns on the outside), the second is a close up of the sockets for the bulbs and where the wires go, and the third is a picture of the harness. If some one could tell me what wires go to what so I can get everything hooked up, I'd appreciate it..

I guess the harness picture is hard to see, but I'll put it up anyways. It's two connectors, both have yellow, black, and black with a white stripe.

·
Registered
850 Posts
this is what i can make of it,your white wires are grounds and should go to the black and white wires. the blues and greens are power wires, now im not familiar with your bike but it seems like the new headlight is a dual action bulb which means both bulbs have a high beam low beam function. the yellow on the bike triggers the high beam,and the black is for low beams, the problem is figuring out which of the green wires trigger the high beam and which of the blue for the other bulb, this can only be determined through trial and error, post the schematic sent with the headlight, im pretty good with wiring.i insttal angel eyes and projector hid kits pretty often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is what i can make of it,your white wires are grounds and should go to the black and white wires. the blues and greens are power wires, now im not familiar with your bike but it seems like the new headlight is a dual action bulb which means both bulbs have a high beam low beam function. the yellow on the bike triggers the high beam,and the black is for low beams, the problem is figuring out which of the green wires trigger the high beam and which of the blue for the other bulb, this can only be determined through trial and error, post the schematic sent with the headlight, im pretty good with wiring.i insttal angel eyes and projector hid kits pretty often.
Hey I know this is super old I have the projectors with the red I tried installing them, no luck at all I got the lights to work the white lights but the angel eyes or the red doesn't work. It's an 03 gsxr 600

1 - 5 of 5 Posts