Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Didnt mean to put it up twice
Two ways you can attach a video.

Start your reply then click the picture button in the message banner at the bottom of the reply box. It looks like a postcard.

Drag your vid into the box.

Or, click in the box and select your vid from the list.

Or, click the camera button beside it and choose take picture.

Or, choose a pic from your gallery.

If you are on your phone open a reply, click the camera icon, record a video and hit sent.
Upload to youtube, then share the youtube link here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4587651231264954&id=100000603684146 thats it on FB when I try to load it it only shows my pics no vids I'll do the you tube thing after I have to set it up thanks guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
Didnt mean to put it up twice

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4587651231264954&id=100000603684146 thats it on FB when I try to load it it only shows my pics no vids I'll do the you tube thing after I have to set it up thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
One thing I noticed was the red light was flashing and not solid. You need to repeat what you just did in the video, but with the bike in dealer mode so you can get the code. Flashing means it's a critical fault where the bike won't restart. That's only true if it's a hard failure of the component.

Based on the sound, I'm wondering if your cam timing isn't off a little.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
+1 on what chuck said.

Also, with your bike in dealer mode, when the FI light comes on, use the kill switch to stop the engine. This won’t clear the codes whereas using the key to turn it off will.

FI is fault indicator, not fuel injection btw. The light doesn’t necessarily mean you have an issue with the fuel injection.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
^^^ Actually, it depends. The red light is the fault indicator and will come on with low oil pressure or overheating conditions, which are faults. With the fault indicator on, if FI flashes on the dash, that FI does stand for Fuel Injection showing that something has faulted in the electronic fuel injection system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey brother.
I was having similar issues with my 07-750. I removed my fuel pump and cleaned it really good. Problem solved for me!
My 2004 GSXR 600 race bike has started showing a couple issues. Notably, no codes show up.
  1. Bike won't start without a touch of throttle, rpms hang, and bike dies at idle.
  2. Bike stops revving at ~4500 rpm, like it hits a limiter, and backfires. Here's a video of the rev issue: Revs stop .
Backstory: Bike has been sitting for a couple years since the last track event and I started to prep it for this season. Bike was running alright around the neighborhood before tearing into it. I did some routine maintenance after the test ride: valve adjustment, plugs, oil change, clutch refresh, brake fluid. After putting it back together it wouldn't start without a bit of throttle. I removed the fuel pump, cleaned some old gas from the tank and installed a new fuel filter. This didn't make a change. Checked plugs and they smelled a bit like gas but looked alright.

With the air box off the bike started right up and ran well. Reinstalled it and the connectors one by one and found that without the IAP sensor plugged in it started much easier. This throws a C13 code but otherwise idled and responded to short blips fine of 2-3k rpm, with the exception of rpms hanging (possible vacuum leak somewhere?). Swapped the sensor and see the same issues. Followed the manual and the sensor tests fine. I still need to check the wiring back to the ECU.

Thinking the problems were limited to start up I took the bike for a test ride and found that it stopped revving at ~4500 rpm, at which point it falls dramatically stops. When it gets to that point the bike burbles and backfires heavily. All of this is without showing an FI code. This feels like a two-step launch control. Back in the garage I can duplicate the issue in neutral. The fuel line isn't pinched and the pump passes flow testing.

There are some older threads that mention the STVA, CKP, or CMP but there's no codes showing up except for when I disconnect the IAP sensor. I'm at a loss for what could be next. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Issue solved (for me at least).

In this case the culprit was a timing issue. When reinstalling the cams after the valve adjustment the crankshaft rotated and caused the cams to be out of sync with the crank. The whole assembly turned over by hand and obviously ran so thankfully there's no valve to piston interference.

After resetting the cam timing the bike started right up and revs beautifully! A quick test ride and I'm back in business. To celebrate I signed up for a track day in two weeks. Woo hoo!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts