Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 GSXR 1000 with the following problems. It was sputtering and backfiring once it warmed up to around 220 under constant steady throttle. This was a ongoing problem solved only after you let it cool down. Last time, after pulling it into the garage and after it cooled off, the tach cluster would POST test but the fuel system wouldn't cycle and the exhaust valve would not cycle. I replaced the ECU to no avail. I soldered the kick stand switch and the on/off switch wires on the throttle. According to the dealership I will have to pay them $85.00 to run SDS for each possible problem they investigate... yea right. Any ideas?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well bro, I had a k5 1000 and that bitch would run. It would smoke this k8 I got now but I had sputtering with it as well. Not a problem with the ECU either. It would sputter every time it got wet. Rain, wash anytime it got wet. I never could figure it out but I changed the ECU like you did and that didn't work. Maybe this is a problem with wiring or fuse/relay related.
But I never had the problem once it would start, in neutral. and temp didn't matter. Just in gear under a load going down the road. Couldn't figure it out so I sold it when it was dry:lol: and bought a new one and power is down on the new one compared.
Good luck man, hope you figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.