Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 gsxr 1000 top end speed

Does anyone know what the top end speed is going to be for the 1k gsxr 2005, as for as suzuki speed limitations? Does T.R.E. eliminate the 186mph limitation if it is the same as 2004?

·
Registered
320 Posts
186 mph. Yes.

Why would you want to go that fast? You will never reach that speed anyway unless you have about 5 miles of straight road with no traffic. Also your bike will only be doing about 170 when it says 186. The speedo is off more and more after you get above 100 mph. Who cares what the top speed is on the 1K? I will assume from your question you need something like a SV650 or GS500. Have you ever ridden a liter bike? Do you know the raw power of a 600? I ride a 1K and now I'm thinking of trading it in on a 600. Trust me if you want to have fun all you need is twisties and a halfway decent bike.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started riding a 600 Katana, and then bought a 600 honda CBR I think I know what a 600 can do! Did everything a 600 will let me do! 155 on the Katana and 170 on the CBR. I was riding with bussas, 954s, and 1000s got tired of being left behind. It doesn't take 5 miles either, maybe a mile. As of traffic I live in the country, not a lot where we ride. We ride out down herre. No matter if the speedo is off or not I can get an idea comparing my speed to my fellow riders' speed. That is why I have already bought a 2005 gsxr 1k and waiting until the dealer gets it so I can pick it up. They are so popular and the dealer only gets 4 of them, so I paid in advanced to make sure i get one. Got to have a lot of top end. Guess i'll buy a T.R.E.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I don't think you know what a 600 can do and I have a feeling I could stay infront of you in every aspect of riding except for long straights. How long have you been riding?

·
Registered
71 Posts
skibum91 said:
I don't think you know what a 600 can do and I have a feeling I could stay infront of you in every aspect of riding except for long straights. How long have you been riding?
I dunno ski, it takes a lot of skill to top out a bike. You think you can hang with him?? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been riding 12 years. So do you always gang up on new comers to ur forum? If it takes u 5 miles to top it out then it might take a lot of skill?????? I never said it was hard or anything, what's ur point? Which I could cat walk the katana throu first and the CBR through 1st & 2nd and make it hop bout 6 inches in 3rd. I'm not tryin to brag, I just asked a quesstion about top end on a gsxr 1k 05, so I'll know what i need to buy to keep up with the bussas.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
there are many tre's available but people tend to change the name to make it sound a little diffrent (just so ya know) :thumbup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take a look at the picture of it at motorcycleradar.com and tell me what you think. This one does not affect neutral or cold start. Looks mor safisticated than the other ones I have seen.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i have this one. and i would reccomend it but right now im not using mine cause my bike tends to lunge when cruising at around 5000 rpm. i have a 600 03. he is always out of stock though and i emailed him twice about a warranty on the thing and he didnt email me back. i have tried to adjust it different ways. but it works great if ur going to be riding hard all day long, its just i dont like being in mid corner cruising and surging like that. email him and see if he emails u back and ill do the same lol i bet he answers u before he answers me. :laughingr

ok b4 i rag on him too hard it has been a while since i email him. ill call him tomorrow to see what he says.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
k i honestly don't think theres much skill in topping anything out, any vehicle, car or bike.

Now if you hold the record for fastest qrt mile time, thats some skill in there.

But now if you are talking about using every aspect on your bike, every potential it has, throttle, braking, turning, etc. Use it what it was meant for, and ride the hell outta your bike like mat mladin. Thats some fucking talent and something to brag about.

·
Registered
522 Posts
^^^^^ yea if u can get the power to hook up and get around the track with out ending up in the traps then thats skill. me on the other hand admit i would probably be on my arse if i was riding a 1000 around the track... but my 600 now thats fun!!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Friendly reminder

There is NO FLAMING (personal attacks, blatant insulting) of fellow members or staff. No unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, racial and/or ethnic slurs; hateful content; or otherwise objectionable material. Pointing out mistakes in spelling or grammar are frowned upon as well.
Please keep posts in their proper forum

to the original poster...........

Most people are going to give you a hard time about ONLY wanting to ride full speed on your bike. It is just plain crazy, and you are begging tohurt yourself or an innocent bystander.

A CBR600 can easily do 3rd gear wheelies stock.

Todays 600's can keep up with a litter bike in almost any way if you know how to get themost out of it. In the corners it will keep up except while ridden by the best riders. A 1000 can lift the wheel at a bit higher speed, but i lift my 600 stock gearing up at 75 MPH like its nothig............ how fast do you want to go on one wheel.

As for your question 186mph is the limit (300 kph) indicated. A tre on the 01-02 takes out the limiter... as I believe it does on 03-04. 05 SHOULD be the same. But it still probalby wont QUITE keep up with the busa at top speed, I would venture about 5-10 MPH off.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
say if you put a lot of performance upgrades on and raised the gearing a little, would it allow you to go past the 186 limit?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Got2josh said:
say if you put a lot of performance upgrades on and raised the gearing a little, would it allow you to go past the 186 limit?
well yes in a way..........it will still be limited at 186 INDICATED. The ECM limits the bike when it "thinks" it is going 186. If you were to change sprockets like taking a few off the back, or adding one to the front it iwll go a bit faster than indicated, so in reality you will go faster than it is limited to (which isnt a TRUE speed of 186, but indicated) You could with the right gearing reach a true 185 or 190 though. Once you start to get to 200 you start needing GOBBS of power to overcome drag.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i can only dream of the day to be in the prestigious 200 MPH club :bowdown: i seen some good video of the turbo busas and one did 235 in the one mile run. thats crazy!!!! thats has to be like 375-400 hp. some one give me 20K i can do it lol. :hmmm:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yeah, that was Dale Earnhardt Jr's mechanic. That bike makes over 500 hp. That was a STANDIG START mile too and it cost WAY more than 20k to make,

Like I said, once you get close to 200 MPH, every one mile an hour takes like (estimating cant remember the figures) 20 hp to gain that mph.

·
Registered
522 Posts
im just wanting 201 not 235 lol.... busa=$10,000 good used and off to houston to see mr. turbo. i think he charges something like 5K + labor for the kit and it takes him a few days to get it on and tweeked. and it a twist of a screw to obtain an instant 350hp. thats plenty to see 201. these figures are completely guessing from what i THINK i saw in the past so if im wrong. :2hard :laughingr

if the moto gp guys can do it with 250hp 350 should be good for 200 on that heavy thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
well yes in a way..........it will still be limited at 186 INDICATED. The ECM limits the bike when it "thinks" it is going 186. If you were to change sprockets like taking a few off the back, or adding one to the front it iwll go a bit faster than indicated, so in reality you will go faster than it is limited to (which isnt a TRUE speed of 186, but indicated) You could with the right gearing reach a true 185 or 190 though. Once you start to get to 200 you start needing GOBBS of power to overcome drag.
So im guessin the newer bikes read off the rear wheel? i know my old 1100 reads off the front wheel. so i could screw with my sprockets all day long and it wouldnt mess with my speedo. i kinda wish mine picked up on the back so i had an idea of how fast im going with the front wheel in the air.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.