Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As You May Know The 05 Gsxr600 Cannot Simply Loosen The Triple Clamps And Slide The Tubes. What Are My Other Options On Lowering The Front End, Besides Straps? I Heared I Would Have To Get 04 1000 Fornt Forks, But Do Not Know If This Is True. If Anyone Has Lowered There 05 600 Please Share Your Solution. Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
can you not lower it because the forks taper? if so you can still do it, most people find shims to go in between the clipons and fork tubes to fill the gap so the clipon will tighten,
Correct...I used Chevy Small Block Throw Out Bearings to fill the Gap..It was a very snug fit. I feel confidence with them in there. Or you can trim some material out of your Clip ON's. I have 2 Throw Out Bearings if u are interested. Just PM and I will get some details and help u on how to do it...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Correct...I used Chevy Small Block Throw Out Bearings to fill the Gap..It was a very snug fit. I feel confidence with them in there. Or you can trim some material out of your Clip ON's. I have 2 Throw Out Bearings if u are interested. Just PM and I will get some details and help u on how to do it...
he cant pm you he only has 8 post's....

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am thinking you mean small block chevy rod bearings.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I slid mine an inch without problems. need bracket for straps i think. i had a friend bend the flange on straps, he ran them without a problem.

·
Registered
463 Posts
pretty simple front and rear..front like said above can be done by loosening the triple tree clamps and sliding the forsks up the desired height..depending on the year you might have to shim..also stated above..make sure both sides are equal and tighten back up..

as far as the rear i reccomend soupys lowering links..fully adjustable from 1-4 inches i believe..pretty easy to install with the ass end of the bike in the air(easier with swingarm freely movable)..take out the old "dog bones" and replace with the links, 4 bolts total and boom..done

·
Registered
39 Posts
lowering

I have my 07 600 lowered 2in in the front and 2 in the back the forks do taper but you have 2 options and the 1st one has worked well for me, lower the triple tree and buy some sheet metal from a home depot or somewhere like that. Cut the sheetmetal into strips as wide as the triple tree clamp and long enuf to go all the way around the fork tube, insert the sheetmetal shims in between the forks and the clamp and clamp them down making sure to use loc-tite on the bolts i have had mine on for over a yr now with no problems. The other thing u can do is cut a good 1/16 notch in the triple tree clamp and that will give you extra room to tighten the bolt down harder on the fork tube either way works fine. I dont believe in straps unless your on the drag strip that thing will tear your forks up on the street with continued use and u could blow a seal :arsenal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.