Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2005 gsxr750. My bike wont start or turn over but when key is in the lights and horn etc works perfectly. I just charged my battery it was already 100%. I changed my starter relay still when I insert jet into bike I dolly hear nothing trying to start up but lights work..

·
Mod of the North
29,802 Posts
Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn on the key? Check the in line fuse at or close to the starter relay. Also kill switch could be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
2,101 Posts
As Tin stated, I would start by checking ALL of your fuses with an ohm meter. Looking at them may not be enough to determine that they are bad.

Reactions: Monoply

·
Administrator
11,485 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2005 gsxr750. My bike wont start or turn over but when key is in the lights and horn etc works perfectly. I just charged my battery it was already 100%. I changed my starter relay still when I insert jet into bike I dolly hear nothing trying to start up but lights work..
Welcome to the forum.

Is "CHEC" showing in the temp window when you try to start the bike?

·
Administrator
11,485 Posts
If it shows "CHEC" that means the ECM is not sending data to the cluster. The most common reason is the ECM is not powered up.

Is there any history on this bike that would be useful? Bad battery, other work just done? Did it just not start out of the blue?

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
2,101 Posts
From here I would go directly to testing all fuses in this bike. Starting with the fuel pump fuse...

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Monoply
Did you ever get this fixed, sounds very similar to the problem I am having.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts