Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a problem with my clutch that doesn't seem normal. Its really hard to explain, but if i don't let out the clutch really slow or just right my bike bogs in first gear coming from a stop. I tried playing with the adjustments and nothing helps..

Im having problems taking off at a normal speed or fast off the line. I have to start off slow everytime or it will bog.

Anybody have an idea??

Do you think my clutch is bad?

2006 Suzuki Gsx-R 1000

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't really sound like a clutch problem to me. What happens if you get rolling and go full throttle? Does it still bog? What rpm do you need to be at before it doesn't bog?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you hit the throttle and your bike is in gear and it just revs out and doesn't accelerate normally or doesn't accelerate at all, then that would be your clutch starting to go. but your problem doesn't sound like its the clutch like the dude above me stated.

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
did you adjust it at the clutch basket or just the cable adjustments? how many miles on the bike?

had the same problem on my 06 "same as yours". adjusted it at the basket and problem went bye bye.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you hit the throttle and your bike is in gear and it just revs out and doesn't accelerate normally or doesn't accelerate at all, then that would be your clutch starting to go. but your problem doesn't sound like its the clutch like the dude above me stated.

Im not sure you understand what im saying. This only happens from a take off in first gear from a stopped position....if i dont let the clutch out really slow and take of slower than normal, it does this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you adjust it at the clutch basket or just the cable adjustments? how many miles on the bike?

had the same problem on my 06 "same as yours". adjusted it at the basket and problem went bye bye.

I just bought the bike a couple months ago. I went from a 2004 600. to 2006 1000. never had any problems with the clutch on my 600.....Bout the bike with 7000 miles.... I only adjusted the cable....i didnt do anything internal...id have to take the plastic off so i can get a look at the clutch basket i reckon??

·
Registered
441 Posts
do you get a whining noise? its a known issue w/ the k6 1000 clutches. On gixxer.com there is a DIY mod that is supposed to alleviate it.

My clutch is stupid sometimes, but I dont bother with it. An issue I have is cold start idle speed. I start my bike to let it warm up, and the idle drops down sometimes below 1k, and it sounds like it is gonna die, but it doesnt. I pull the clutch in all the way and the idle speed is normal. Once my bike is warmed up, it doesnt do it at idle....only when I first start it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Me too

If im already moving, i dont have any problems with the clutch. Only from a stop.
I'm having the same exact thing going on with my k6. My original motor locked up due to previous owner over heating it. I bought a motor online and just installed it. After only about 50 miles on the replacement motor, my clutch/bike starting doing the same exact thing as yours along with a very noticeable vibration. Did you get yours fixed and if so what was it? Thanks in advance! -Keith

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm having the same exact thing going on with my k6. My original motor locked up due to previous owner over heating it. I bought a motor online and just installed it. After only about 50 miles on the replacement motor, my clutch/bike starting doing the same exact thing as yours along with a very noticeable vibration. Did you get yours fixed and if so what was it? Thanks in advance! -Keith
you need to pull the cover and inspect the clutch. if you've never done it there is a YouTube video by busdriver detailing this exact procedure. you also need to have a manual at hand when performing this procedure. good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.