Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, was wondering what your guys thought would be on this bike i was lookin at buying but im wondering if its worth buying at all and trying to fix. The case was cracked pretty bad and im wondering if its even repairable

·
Super Moderator
9,725 Posts
What year and model?

Probably not worth fixing as WB said however if just the inner water pump housing is damaged you might luck out. It would take some disassembly to know for sure. Frequently this failure chews up the area where the water pump mounts which is part of the lower case.

·
Super Moderator
9,725 Posts
Oops, I see you said in the title that it is a 2006 750. I have the same bike.

So the cracked part is the inner water pump housing, but you need to pull the pump and look behind it.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Walk away and find a better bike. There are plenty out there.

Even if, and it’s a big if, the crack is only visible in the water pump, there could still be stress fractures in the casing that might not be visible.

It’s highly likely that engine will need to be replaced. You could pick up another used engine but you won’t really know it’s condition until it’s fitted and running.

If the price is low enough, you could buy it and part it out I guess.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
If they let the chain go so far as to fling and break the case, It's doubtful they took care of anything else very well.

No vote from me too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts