Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I cannot get the auto cam chain adjuster on my 2006 750 to extend without messing with the c-clip(while its off the bike) and I can't do this with the adjuster installed. I can turn the adjuster in and have it lock on the c-clip but I cannot get it to unlock by tapping the end. the position of the c-clip doesn't seem to matter.....sooo frustrating .
I took it off to adjust my valves.....how the hell does it unlock by tapping the end ??? as it states in the manual

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Welcome. Read the reassembly section of the service manual (page 3-100) in my manual.

They mention rotating the crankshaft backwards about 180 degrees. This tensions the chain on the adjuster side which pushes on the adjuster and should cause it to release.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I know. but before installing it you have to make sure it releases, and it will not release.....I have no idea how pushing the end will allow the c-clip to release the plunger..............driving me nuts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even in the repair manual, it states to turn the adjuster body(to compress the plunger) and right below that in the "caution" it states do not turn the adjuster body !! wtf...................what a f'd up design this thing is......SOMEBODY out there must have dealt with this piece of crap

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I do not have first hand experience with this particular adjuster.

I understand the caution to mean that you need to compress it first till it snaps into the circlip before turning it.

The component check says it should release when you tap the back and replace if it does not. Possibly your unit is bad?

Otherwise, if you got it compressed, why not install it and rotate the engine backwards as instructed and see if it pops out? You will know right away by change in cam chain slack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has to be turned in order to compress....and you should check that it extends before installing. once the clip has it locked, I don't see how hitting the end would make it extend.... it a crazy design

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hi, I cannot get the auto cam chain adjuster on my 2006 750 to extend without messing with the c-clip(while its off the bike) and I can't do this with the adjuster installed. I can turn the adjuster in and have it lock on the c-clip but I cannot get it to unlock by tapping the end. the position of the c-clip doesn't seem to matter.....sooo frustrating .
I took it off to adjust my valves.....how the hell does it unlock by tapping the end ??? as it states in the manual
I have a brand new, in package Manual CCT for a 05/06 GSXR1000. If you want, look up to see if it's the same part #. If it is, I'll ship it to you cheap! It's new, never used.

I had 2 LIter bikes for a short time, I sold one before I installed this one on it. My current Liter bike has the other one on it, and it works well.

LMK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts