Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what the correct stock fuel pressure / GPH is for a 06 1000 is ? Anybody running a turbo ? if so what are you running for a fuel pump? Reason I ask is because I'm building a quad which will have this motor with a turbo on it. I'm starting to look for a fuel pump now but need some numbers first so I can make sure I pick up the right size. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah that would be a pretty safe # without doing any mods to the rest of the motor. i dont know how much $ you are planning to spend but i would reccomend a turbo like the dual ball bearing t28 unless you already have the turbo. sounds like fun man:bounce

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exactly what I was planning on running. This is my second conversion. The first was a R1 in a Banshee, but now I want something a little faster

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats sick:thumbup:i always wondered what it would be like to ride something like that. i have had banshees and now have a yfz450 but never have i been on anything like that. by the way where was that pic taken? with that turbo you will have very little lag and you should end up with aroung 250 or so hp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is definately a blast to ride. I have a trx450 with typical mods and it runs 38-42mph up comp hill (Dumont Dunes where pic was taken). My R1 bike runs 61-68mph (3rd gear). It doesn't sound like a whole lot, but the motor had to be geared down with a 60t rear sprocket to get the most from the powerband. I figured that the gsxr with turbo would conservatively put out 230hp which should be plenty. My goal with that combo is to hit 75-80mph. I think that is a pretty respectable speed considering its all done going up hill in the sand in a 450lb+ quad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody know what the correct stock fuel pressure / GPH is for a 06 1000 is ? Anybody running a turbo ? if so what are you running for a fuel pump? Reason I ask is because I'm building a quad which will have this motor with a turbo on it. I'm starting to look for a fuel pump now but need some numbers first so I can make sure I pick up the right size. Any help is appreciated.
Holyshit man you're putting a turbo on a 1000 GSXR? You're a Madman. I ride a 1000 GSXR and so far I hadn't even thought about trying to make it faster. I bought it from this crazy drug dealer guy who was really into running from 5 O he said he did some s*** to it. I'm not really sure what he did but it's faster than f##k
. I could not even imagine it with a turbo. I've been having trouble with mine I don't know if the fuel pump or electrical. I read an article about I believe it was a Honda fuel pump being interchangeable with a GSXR 1000. You know how those guys with those little Hondas are fast and furious type. They probably have wasted soup them up and they're supposed to fit right. I might even try it after I test my fuel pressure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts