Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 2007 GSXR 600 2 months ago (worth noting not my first bike/ riding for 17 years). It has 16k miles on it. The only mod is a slip-on. When I purchased the bike the low fuel light stays on and the neutral light would not come on. The bike however ran amazingly, 0 issues with no ticks/no sign of ever being dropped/ no leaks.

About 2 weeks ago the bike started jerking/bogging/lurching at low RPM's (up to 5-6k runs like crap). The bike smooths out a bit once above 7-8k RMPS but still not as smooth as it once was. The bike idles fine but revving the bike while on the kickstand its bogging as well, even when at temp.

The 3 things I've done so far (hasn't worked) 1. New air filter 2. New spark plugs 3. Drained the gas, pulled the fuel pump, replaced the fuel filter and cleaned connectors. The tank and fuel pumped looked surprisingly good with little surface rust. When changing the plugs I noticed that one of the plugs (#3) looked like it had a small bit of fuel on it (was def not oil) while the other ones were dry. I don't know what else to do and any advice would be great. I know that taking it to the shop is almost always the best option but I would like to figure this out at home. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
2,101 Posts
Taking it to the shop is NEVER a good option.
With a single plug being wet with fuel, it sounds like you COULD have an injector hanging open. It would give you similar symptoms as well.
John should be along shortly, and will have some good ways to test everything you need to get it running the way it should.

Reactions: aj47

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taking it to the shop is NEVER a good option.
With a single plug being wet with fuel, it sounds like you COULD have an injector hanging open. It would give you similar symptoms as well.
John should be along shortly, and will have some good ways to test everything you need to get it running the way it should.
Thank you! I have been doing as much reading as I can and I feel like it's an injector issue. One of the symptoms I read on bad injectors was the smell of a strong fuel odor. I remember the other day thinking that I smelled a strong fuel odor, especially on start-up. I don't ride the bike out of fear of causing damage obviously but my small mechanic brain really thinks it's an injector or possibly fuel pump issue. Although, if it was a fuel pump issue I feel like the higher RPMs would be the issue not lower RMPs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts