Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am rebuilding 2007 gsxr 600 that was in a pretty bad shape when I bought it. It is missing bunch of original clips and bolts so besides fairings, I need to get those as well.

One part I can't find or even know what it is called is a small "screw cover" on the side of the tail cover. I couldn't locate the part in schemas in parts stores I visited.

Does anyone have any idea what it is and where I can get it?
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 7.42.56 AM.png

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't believe there is anything there... If I'm looking at the schematic correctly.. It looks like that white piece attaches to the side of the blue seat tail cover.. If so, the white piece will cover the void where you see the screw and its plastic fastener.. so there's no need for an extra piece to cover the screw. Like the photo below. You can also click on that (+) icon to enlarge the whole photo and get a closer view. (y)

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you go to Babbit's online you can input your bike info and look at basically every part on it. Might help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe there is anything there... If I'm looking at the schematic correctly.. It looks like that white piece attaches to the side of the blue seat tail cover.. If so, the white piece will cover the void where you see the screw and its plastic fastener.. so there's no need for an extra piece to cover the screw. Like the photo below. You can also click on that (+) icon to enlarge the whole photo and get a closer view. (y)
Thanks, I guess, I was referring to the white plastic fastener. So, it's just a screw fastener? I thought there was more to it. :)
The weird thing it is not referenced in schematic. I've tried on multiple online parts stores.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go to Babbit's online you can input your bike info and look at basically every part on it. Might help.
Thanks,

I looked at schematic as well, but that small white screw fastener doesn't seem to have been referenced anywhere.

·
Registered
363 Posts
That is weird. Without looking, I'm not sure if I have them on my L1 600 or if Push Pins were used instead.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You should have shown more, specifically what the screw is associated with. I wonder if it has something to do with the turn signal or possibly the tail light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, I guess, I was referring to the white plastic fastener. So, it's just a screw fastener? I thought there was more to it. :)
The weird thing it is not referenced in schematic. I've tried on multiple online parts stores.
The white fastener is just that... a fastener. It's pushed through a plastic panel and snaps in so it can't move... the screw is held inside the white fastener. I don't believe there is anything else. Your photo shows the white panel that attaches will cover the opening holding the screw and fastener. You're trying to over-think this. Put the panel over it and go. Put her back together and ride. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts