Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Update
My dealership called where the bikes been at they say the fuel pump is bad..
even throw if you put it to a battery it pumps..and they said I need to buy a new fuel pump to see if that's all that's wrong or if there's other stuff wrong ..

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Buy to see what's wrong? Any dealership that wants to throw money at it shouldn't be trusted to air up the tires. In about 15 minutes, I could tell you if the fuel pump is bad. There are diagnostic procedures for a reason.

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
^Agreed. Seriously consider taking the bike elsewhere.

Reactions: William roy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yah I didn't think that was right..
They side I need to buy the 1outta the only 2 in the country its $839 pump
and see if that is all that's wrong ..why my fuel pump and secondary won't prime and they need the bike to run before they do a diagnostic test over the rest of the bike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My question is can the pump turn on hooked to a battery how is it bad? ..like it couldn't build enough pressure or sum

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If the pump runs at all, but won't prime with the key, you have a problem BEFORE the pump. Wiring, relay, ECU, ignition? Go get your bike back from those hacks. The guys here can help you diagnose this yourself. Where are you located? Perhaps there is someone here close enough to come and have a look at it?

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
^ What Spyder said.

If you can put power to the pump and it runs, at least electrically, the pump is fine.

The pump gets power from the relay and the relay is controlled by the ECM.

I know you checked for power at the relay.

You still have "CHEC" showing in the temp window? And also the STVA is not working?

This keeps going back to the ECM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yes still have check in the window with a red dot next to it..
Just put a new relay on it still nothing..I'm looking for some one that has a 2006-2007 gsxr 750 or 600 ecu I can use to try on my bike
I'm located in Topeka ks

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
Just put a new relay on it still nothing..I'm looking for some one that has a 2006-2007 gsxr 750 or 600 ecu I can use to try on my bike
I'm located in Topeka ks
That is the way to go. Better yet to try your ECM on their running bike to confirm ECM operation.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Dealers wanting you to part with $1k so they can start their diagnosis really makes me angry.

Had the same with my diesel truck - randomly wouldn’t rev when started from cold. Dealer said it needs a new fuel pump - $5000! I called BS and did some google searches. Turned out I could buy OEM part that had failed for the fuel pump for $150 from the OE supplier. Problem solved.

/rant

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
Any one around topeka kansas with a 2006/2007 gsxr 750 ecu in working condition for sale?
Does this mean you swapped your ECM to another bike or checked it somehow and it is bad?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yes put new fuel pump in and rectifier
My buddy loand me a ecu from his stunt bike gsxr750.. and my bike started and ran perfectly

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
Yes put new fuel pump in and rectifier
My buddy loand me a ecu from his stunt bike gsxr750.. and my bike started and ran perfectly
Glad you have it nailed down. The best source is probably Ebay for a used ECM. If you can't find a 750 ECM, I believe you can get a 600 ECM flashed for less than $200.

BTW, every dumb ass on FB says to change your rectifier, even if it is a flat tire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Glad you have it nailed down. The best source is probably Ebay for a used ECM. If you can't find a 750 ECM, I believe you can get a 600 ECM flashed for less than $200.

BTW, every dumb ass on FB says to change your rectifier, even if it is a flat tire.
Thank you yall been very helpful

41 - 56 of 56 Posts