Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mint shape no flaws. Came off a GSXR 600 2008. Sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken with my crappy phone. I now can take more pics if you guys want but with the speedo off, Im too dame lazy to take the the harness off my bike again.

277 miles :bounce

$260 shipped

·
Registered
862 Posts
Why do people buy tach's w/really low miles and put them on their bike?

other then to scam people when selling

I guess I could see someone doing it to say "My bike only has 250 miles" when it has like 5000

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Why do people buy tach's w/really low miles and put them on their bike?

other then to scam people when selling

I guess I could see someone doing it to say "My bike only has 250 miles" when it has like 5000
Ummm....the tach isn't what "holds" or remembers your mileage. No matter what tach you use, your mileage will be what it's supposed to be.

As far as why he put mileage...probably so people can know exactly how long it's been used for so they can basically know what condition it'll be in.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Ummm....the tach isn't what "holds" or remembers your mileage. No matter what tach you use, your mileage will be what it's supposed to be.

Ummmm.....the tach is what holds the mileage :infrandom
thats why people change them to mislead potential buyers

an why would you be selling a tach off your bike - you need it to run it - not like i care :D

·
Registered
862 Posts

As far as why he put mileage...probably so people can know exactly how long it's been used for so they can basically know what condition it'll be in.
Uhhh Yes.. the tach does hold the mileage, lol its funny when someone corrects you when their wrong

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can really careless why someone wants to buy a speedo. Im just interested in selling it. And yes there are scammers, lots of them changing their speedos to show lower mileage and I believe this is something you need to consider when buying a used bike, thats why I buy my street bikes new.
Reason im selling this speedo is because it came off a friends bike that crashed and im just helping him out selling what ever I can so he can make some money.

Mileage remains on the speedo not on the bike, kinda stupid if you ask me, bike manufactures can easily make the ECU keep the mileage but they dont

·
Registered
862 Posts
Im interested very possibly.

Do you know what color the screen is on a K6 gsxr? I can't remember I'm thinking mine is blue or red...

I might sell mine and buy this one depending if the screen colors are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.