Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been along time since iv been on here currently riding 06 750, but am thinking of upgrading to a K8 1000. Something I noticed was the exhaust comes off the cat on the K8. If I buy a M4 gp pipe does it eliminate the Cat or do I have to find a midpipe. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
397 Posts
im pretty sure it depends on which kit you buy cause on my k8 600 theres two kits you can buy one just goes in place of the muffler and the other takes care of the cat problem

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya iv kinda been doing some research and thats what it sounds like. I guess I should of looked before I asked.

·
Registered
59 Posts
http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=16498&cat=362&page=1

That is the same exhaust I have on my 08 gsxr 1000. I have it in black, I like the shorty style exhaust. they have another and it is more of the high mount exhaust. It is very easy to install and YES it does delete the Cat.

OHHH YEAH..........did I mention it is loud as f***...Nice deep sound, you will not be dissappointed.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Some exhausts do, some don't. Looks like nemar1234 ansered your questions for you though. My single-sided Yosh eliminates the cat but if I were to get the dual Yosh slip-ons, it wouldn't of...
really any kits out there to get rid of the cat on the duals i wanna get dual yosh but i want them to sound good and eliminating the cat is the easiest step by the sounds of it

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you change you exhaust from double to single does that end up causing you to lose HP? :headscrat The reason I ask because I've been told by some that it does and others say otherwise... :shifty

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ride a K8 Gixx 1000 and i spend the money to get me a Taylor made ;) Should look that up. Some of em are available at craigsL for 500 bucks. looks awesome, perfect fitting and excellent on the Dyno ;)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If you change you exhaust from double to single does that end up causing you to lose HP? :headscrat The reason I ask because I've been told by some that it does and others say otherwise... :shifty
It depends, because the factory exhaust is already restrictive. Aftermarket exhaust are made to flow better. But, it all depends on the exhaust you go with. I think any aftermarket is better that stock, plus they sound better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts