Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 gsxr 600 I had it in the shop for two months before they finally told me they weren’t figuring it out. I have had fuel pressure test which was good, cleaned injectors, checked continuity on the ckp sensor, and made sure that the cam position sensor was getting power, checked the plugs and they looked good, as well as checked the ignition coils, and finally checked the kickstand switch or sensor. I’ll attach a video so you can kind of hear what it is doing. It doesn’t bog down sitting in neutral. I also will attach two pictures because when I pulled the seat and tank there was three wires not connected to anything. Thank you in advance.
Video of bike

·
Super Moderator
9,016 Posts
Welcome.

I wish that video was a little longer and included some throttle roll offs and ons so I could hear any change in engine sound. Of course, the video cannot communicate your throttle action and what response you are getting. You need to explain that.

As far as the connectors, the easiest way to find out what they are for is to check the wire colors against the wiring diagram. Unfortunately, none of the pictures show the wires colors.

I don't think that you mentioned checking the EXCV (exhaust flapper valve) for proper operation and opening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome.

I wish that video was a little longer and included some throttle roll offs and ons so I could hear any change in engine sound. Of course, the video cannot communicate your throttle action and what response you are getting. You need to explain that.

As far as the connectors, the easiest way to find out what they are for is to check the wire colors against the wiring diagram. Unfortunately, none of the pictures show the wires colors.

I don't think that you mentioned checking the EXCV (exhaust flapper valve) for proper operation and opening.
Ive got better pictures of the wires I’ll upload those. As far as the EXCV I believe mine has been deleted and has a slip on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts