Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear tire on a buddies bike went kaboom.
The tail was pretty much ripped off. Ecu was ejected among other things.
reason for positing is I could use a hand identifying some of these plugs and what relay belongs in them. Thanks in advance fellas.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Bicycle tire Wire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Ouch. I think your best bet is to find a service manual for it. It will have a full schematic with the color’s of the wires. I would suggest you get a new harness for that thing. If it was literally ripped apart you are gonna have issues with broken wires everywhere and tracking them all down is going to be a long and possibly frequent job.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
That is not good. How does that happen tho? Does he have any idea why…tires too worn or way too much psi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That is not good. How does that happen tho? Does he have any idea why…tires too worn or way too much psi?

Yeah he was being cheap and bought some used tire from a shop that had a plug in it.

Got hard and flew apart is my best guess.
Some people gotta learn the hard way.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ouch. I think your best bet is to find a service manual for it. It will have a full schematic with the color’s of the wires. I would suggest you get a new harness for that thing. If it was literally ripped apart you are gonna have issues with broken wires everywhere and tracking them all down is going to be a long and possibly frequent job.
I actually just ordered a pdf manual.
I’ll try n save this one.
I rewire truck engines from time to time.
Of it doesn’t end up working I’ll buy another harness.
Was just hoping to get some names of these relays and shit so my eyes know where to hone in on the schematics.

I see one in the tail fairing left side is the blinker relay. What hangs next to it?

EDIT
Might end up just ordering one.
They seem decently priced on the bay.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Yeah he was being cheap and bought some used tire from a shop that had a plug in it.

Got hard and flew apart is my best guess.
Some people gotta learn the hard way.
Wow some people will never cease to amaze me. Let’s cheap out on the most important item on a machine that goes 160 plus mph….

I hope this guy realizes how lucky he is to have a second chance at this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow some people will never cease to amaze me. Let’s cheap out on the most important item on a machine that goes 160 plus mph….

I hope this guy realizes how lucky he is to have a second chance at this.

Sadly he thinks it’s funny. But I’m pretty sure I’m keeping the bike so I think something resonated.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Sadly he thinks it’s funny. But I’m pretty sure I’m keeping the bike so I think something resonated.
I am not surprised. Do him and yourself a favor and don’t give that bike back….

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Tip over sensor is back there on teh side i think - will say "this side up" in it.

Reactions: eskimomann209

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright guys quick update.
Got stuff back together, new under tail tray and some other misc parts.

Bike will power up, lights on, and engine cranks. I’m looking at a code c41.

I tested from the ecu y/blk to Y/blk on the relay harness and there is continuity.
It seems the ECU isn’t swapping over to the ground signal.
If I ground the relay harness Y/bl it triggers the pump.

There is some mechanical noises when I turn on the bike then trip the kill switch but it’s not the pump. So things are happening!

The kick stand switch functions, and clutch switch functions.
The TO sensor got ripped out and there is not a female plug on the harness side. So I ran two resistors at 150 OHM each to bypass it.
I ran one end of each one to the blk wire and the opposing ends of one to the red wire and one the blk/ tan.
There is no TO code, but I am wondering if this may be what’s inhibiting the ecu from triggering the ground signal?

Other possibility is the eBay ecu is bupkis?

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
From past posts it seems that if the ECM is bad it does not set a code but just does not trigger the fuel relay. Don't take that 100%. It does seem that there is some logic the ECM is looking for.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Schematic

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Bumper Automotive exterior
This is what I got going temporarily until I get it running. Then I’ll solder the connection. Anyone see any obvious reasons why this wouldn’t work?
There is a PC5 hooked up too. Could it be causing similar issues?
I tried removing it to run the bike but it just seems to add a c40 to the c41.
Bike does have the o2 sensor deleted and a servo buddy installed.
full Leo Vince exhaust too.

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
If you are not getting a C23 TOS code, your hack is working.

Ignore the C40 ISC code for the time being, i will not cause the bike to not start and run.

Don't think the PC5 would be an issue, but it's best to unplug it from the injectors just to eliminate the possibility.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright. Got this bad boy fired up.
but she only stays running with the throttle held…. I’m not seeing any obvious vac leaks at the throttle body. Fuel pump sounds good.
pc5 is hooked up again but it did something similar with it off too.However without the pc5 it seemed to run a little longer.

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
Sounds like you now have the C40 ICS (idle control servo) to deal with.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like you now have the C40 ICS (idle control servo) to deal with.
That code appears to be gone now, but the chain isn’t on the bike… maybe it’s reading the MPH and freaking out? It’s in N but that doesn’t matter when there’s no chain and wheel drag. Speedo is jumping to like 15+ MPH… maybe the issue?

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
I don't see the connection between the engine idle speed and mph display.(The ECM does not get the bike speed data) At least with your no idle issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't see the connection between the engine idle speed and mph display.(The ECM does not get the bike speed data) At least with your no idle issue.
Wasn’t sure if fuel/air ratio was adjusted by speed reading. Appears not.
Hmmmm!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
Wasn’t sure if fuel/air ratio was adjusted by speed reading. Appears not.
Hmmmm!!!
The speed sensor on the countershaft goes directly to the cluster and as far as I know, the data only goes from the ECM to the cluster. (The bike will run fine without the cluster) Otherwise, the ECM does not have this data.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts