Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 gsxr 750, it is popping up FI with the codes c21 and c29. I just bought the bike and am trying to get it running and cannot get the injectors to squirt fuel. Can that be caused be either one of those codes or should the bike still start with those codes and i just have another problem?

·
Administrator
11,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Neither of those faults will cause the bike to not start and run. The C21 will just default the air temperature to a fixed value and the C29 just says the STVA is not working well. That may cause other running issues but it should still start and run.

Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you first turn on the ignition?

Have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Neither of those faults will cause the bike to not start and run. The C21 will just default the air temperature to a fixed value and the C29 just says the STVA is not working well. That may cause other running issues but it should still start and run.

Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you first turn on the ignition?

Have you checked the fuses?
I did check the fuse for the fuel pump under the seat and it was fine but replaced it with the spare anyway, when i turn the key the flaps at the top of the intake open and come back down and then like click in place like 5 times, i thought the fuel pump was kicking on but it may not be if the bike should be starting with those codes. The intake is pretty loud or is the pump loud enough you would definetely hear it?

·
Administrator
11,484 Posts
Yes, the STVA cycle is often confused for the fuel pump "prime". Put your ear to the tank and listen for a hum when you turn on the ignition.

If you don't hear the pump, my guess would be that it is the pump itself as you are not getting a C41 fuel pump relay code. You can put power directly to the pump to check it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you confirm the pump is getting power and is in fact turning on. I would do a fuel pressure and flow test to see if you are with in specs. If not check low pressure filter/strainer and high pressure filter. You have to tear fuel pump apart to get to high pressure filter you can't remove it but you can back flush and maybe some gentle air pressure to clean it up. It's a pain but cheaper then a new fuel pump.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did check the fuse for the fuel pump under the seat and it was fine but replaced it with the spare anyway, when i turn the key the flaps at the top of the intake open and come back down and then like click in place like 5 times, i thought the fuel pump was kicking on but it may not be if the bike should be starting with those codes. The intake is pretty loud or is the pump loud enough you would definetely hear it?
Pump is very distinct. Runs steady for 3 to 5 seconds. Without that, it'll be the pump.

Leave the kickstand down and power the bike up so everything is 'on', set the run switch to running.

The pump will not run with the kickstand down.

Then raise the kickstand, you should hear the pump start up and run as it lifts to the 'up' stowed position.

At least, that is what happens on my L0. No pump with kickstand down.

FWIW, sometimes it's the dumb stuff that hurts!!!! You can't start the bike unless the kickstand is up and the clutch is pulled in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts