Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I just bought a used K9 GSXR600 and First thing I bought was a set of shogun frame sliders along with the bar ends. upon trying to install the bar ends, I've noticed there wasn't any fitting inside the clip ons so I bought the missing fittings from looking at the diagram from partzilla.com . I've also bought a set of fittings from ebay as well not knowing exactly what i am missing.

now to the installation, the fittings I bought does NOT fit because The hole on the clip on is too big.
I doubt these are some aftermarket clips ons. Can you guys look at the pics and tell me what da heck is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
They look like stock clip ons.

I've seen this problem with other bikes, I just wrapped the rubber part with plastic electrical tape till it would just fit into the clip on, then tighten it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a try. Does the rubber expand as you tighten? Otherwise I have a feeling it will just pop out over time.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Yes. In your first picture you can see the nut on the inside end of the bar end. When you tighten the screw on the outside, it pulls the nut towards it and the rubber bushings get squished out. (diameter expands)

The problem you have is that the expansion is not enough to grab the bar on the inside.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I was wondering if you were tightening them up after installing?

I think mine have a notch and groove that keeps the outer part still when tightening.
If not, you'll have to hold the outer part still while you tighten.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering if you were tightening them up after installing?

I think mine have a notch and groove that keeps the outer part still when tightening.
If not, you'll have to hold the outer part still while you tighten.

I don't see any notch and the difference between the rubber piece and the hole too much for me to even try installing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts