Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SUZUKI GSXR 750
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I have a 2009 gsxr 750 16000 kms on it I live in canada in Alberta she gets cold but anyways today was chilly out n this has happened before fire it up dies immediately start back up actually takes bit throttle to even fire n if I'm not on throttle a bit it dies if I hold throttle runs but very rough n let off throttle dies so I rode it to warm it up in first after warning up to 45 n once its warm no prob fires right up runs.like a dream what the heck is going on here

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello there my friend, I wanted to chime in here and say I had a gsxr 750 also a 2019 model and it was a great bike. If I wasn't so hell bent on riding the "liter" bike I would not have sold it and bought the 2020 model R1. I rode it from new to about 3000 miles I think. Any way I have the exact same problem on my R1, I narrowed it down to either the temp outside (the engine needs to warm up) or questionable gas. I really had a hard time believing its the temp because I keep mine in the garage all the time. I started using a different gas station (chevron is top notch) and it quit happening except one time.

Try letting it warm up for maybe 5 min or 3 min before jumping on it. That seemed to help my situation, I let it run till the rpms drop slightly and it performs perfectly. Have fun out there its getting real cold. Before i got a street bike I was a fair weather rider but now I just bought some gear and some grip warmers. Actually my sweet lady bought me a jacket and neck warmer and gloves oh and pants! You must be dedicated riding in Alberta I bet it gets cold af!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh scat I read your post wrong I thought I read 2019 but its 2009 I am confident the advice I gave you will be useful for both!

·
Registered
2009 SUZUKI GSXR 750
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello there my friend, I wanted to chime in here and say I had a gsxr 750 also a 2019 model and it was a great bike. If I wasn't so hell bent on riding the "liter" bike I would not have sold it and bought the 2020 model R1. I rode it from new to about 3000 miles I think. Any way I have the exact same problem on my R1, I narrowed it down to either the temp outside (the engine needs to warm up) or questionable gas. I really had a hard time believing its the temp because I keep mine in the garage all the time. I started using a different gas station (chevron is top notch) and it quit happening except one time.

Try letting it warm up for maybe 5 min or 3 min before jumping on it. That seemed to help my situation, I let it run till the rpms drop slightly and it performs perfectly. Have fun out there its getting real cold. Before i got a street bike I was a fair weather rider but now I just bought some gear and some grip warmers. Actually my sweet lady bought me a jacket and neck warmer and gloves oh and pants! You must be dedicated riding in Alberta I bet it gets cold af!
Ya if I let it warm up it runs fine but in order for me to warm it up I have to keep.the throttle on if I let off the throttle it dies and then in order to start it again I have to use throttle to even get it to fire and ohh ya we are done here for the year we have 2 ft of snow and temp is -20 lol will be till feb march

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have thought about this for days and I honestly don't have an answer maybe someone else will chime in here. Your bike is injection right?

·
Registered
2009 SUZUKI GSXR 750
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh ya 2009 I think I figured it out just cold like a car hard to start n keep running cause if I start it n keep it running with throttle till warms up runs great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts