Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spring ill be running my gsxr 750 l1 vs a freinds vmax with exhaust and tune in the 1/4 mile i might have been a bit cocky when i agreed to give him 2 bikes what does everyone think the outcome will be and anything that might help to get the edge on him

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i dont have any time on the strip on my bike but being hes on a vmax thats the only way we can race and he keeps saying how its the fastest bike out there so im gona run him. I can launch my bike fairly well so i think ill get him but other then that im new to drag racing bikes

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I think the vmax is gonna get you.

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
If he can ride hes gonna be able to out launch you on the street.

Id race him heads up so you can walk him on the big end.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The better rider will probably win. The V Max will be easier to launch, so get out to a deserted parking lot and practice launching and power shifting

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He has ridin for 30+ years but hes alittle sketchy on that thing. Im gona put in some launches and get that down. We raced from a roll and he stayed even until 120 then i pulled

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
If that's the case then giving him two bikes head start was just silly. You mess up even the smallest amount I mean the smallest and your not catching him a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If that's the case then giving him two bikes head start was just silly. You mess up even the smallest amount I mean the smallest and your not catching him a 1/4 mile.
Yea, if you loose to a Yamaha then your next vehicle has to be a Prius

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,700 Posts
Yeah I think you're toast. Sure it's a heavier bike, but it's built for straight line acceleration.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm thinking your about to lose as well. He's going to take you off the line for sure, the heavier / lower end torque is going to win that... its a matter of if you can catch him.

Is this at an official drag strip? They have that sticky tarmac at the beginning that takes some getting used to.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts