Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
Buddy of mine has a nasty Vrod that destroys Vmaxs. He races 600s on the street all time and EATS them. At the drag strip they barely catch him if they arent good riders.

When I used to(before I knew what was up) race him on the 1k if I didnt NAIL the launch perfectly he took me by a bike or two. Onces hes a head I have to get too deep in the throttle and Im lifting the wheel. Snow ball effect, wheel lifting so now Im feathering the throttle etc. When that happens its not till top of 2nd and then 3rd before I finally put some distance on him. Now this is with my 1k the puts down more then 160HP at the wheel and runs high 9s at 14Xmph.

At the track with me front strapped I have to work harder to beat him then I do a 600 or 750 because this a hole just bounces off rev limiter and dumps the clutch. The track is prepped so he hooks (260 rear tire) and doesnt have to worry about wheelies. Hes cuts 1.5 60fts and under with out breaking a sweat.

Ive raced him so many times now that its made me a better launcher and I can get him the whole time fairly consistently but it was rough in the beginning. If you are def giving him 2 bikes, practice the piss out of your launches and race like your gonna loose. Dont take it for granted.

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
a skirt for the next ride :laughingr

isnt the vmax like a 1600cc?

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
ya im guessing they have a bit more TQ than a 7fiddy ... could be a good race, def gopro it for us :thumbup:

·
rotaredom
888,895,580 Posts
I have tried the newer vmax, you got your hands full on this one sir...good luck.

no, i would not have given him two bike lengths

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Shit so it sounds like i might have goten more then i handle i guess i gota get the ecu flashed and gut the cat i should be at 135+whp, i dynoed 130. I might be able to then

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
Manufacturer Yamaha Motor Company
Production since 2009
Predecessor Yamaha V-Max
Class power cruiser
Engine 1,679 cc (102 cu in) liquid-cooled DOHC V-4
Bore / stroke 90 mm × 66 mm (3.5 in × 2.6 in)
Power 174.3 hp (130.0 kW) @ 9,000 rpm[1][11]
Torque 113 lbf·ft (153 N·m) @ 6,600 rpm[11]

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
Manufacturer Yamaha Motor Company
Production since 2009
Predecessor Yamaha V-Max
Class power cruiser
Engine 1,679 cc (102 cu in) liquid-cooled DOHC V-4
Bore / stroke 90 mm × 66 mm (3.5 in × 2.6 in)
Power 174.3 hp (130.0 kW) @ 9,000 rpm[1][11]
Torque 113 lbf·ft (153 N·m) @ 6,600 rpm[11]
lol your in trouble.

While those are both crank numbers the wheel numbers are both going to be more then you put down. Its almost gonna be like your racing an inline 1k but its heavier. If has a good race your done. Id talk him into a heads up race first. You should be fine there.

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
I knew those fawkers were 1600s lol

Yes I would have to agree, spray it for the easy win :thumbup:

1,091 Posts
Ill try to convince him its bad to heat your tires before a drag race haha
I just thought about it, but if yall do this on a legit drag strip and your on a stock wheelbase bike, along with all that grip at the start, aren't you gonna be wheeling/fighting not to wheelie the first third after the jump.

Dog you lose. Sorry, nice knowing you before the skirticide.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Don't sleep on the V Max man!They're SICK torque monsters with the right tune.

My Old Man bike list is gonna be

F6B Goldwing
M109R Boulevard
V Max

21 - 40 of 43 Posts