Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have is 2011 gsxr600 and i was going to change chain i wanted to remove clutch cable from cover so I pushed clutch release arm hard and i heard a pop and it had no more tension and the clutch was all loose so i took off clutch release arm and turned it clockwise and it got tension but when i put it in gear and bike wont move and i can hear a grinding sound so i pull clutch and release and no more
Noise but it still won’t move y’all think the clutch is stuck in??

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Welcome.

I assume you had the front sprocket cover off during all this.

You have the clutch release mechanism screwed up somehow and rotating the arm probably made it worse. (it worked before in that position).

The only thing I can suggest is to take the cover back apart and with the aid of a parts view or service manual, you can see what is out of place.

The key is that when you put the sprocket cover back on, it should easily fit flush to the engine case without having to hold it or use the bolts to pull it flush.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At that time I still didn’t remove the front sprocket cover i just pushed the clutch release arm and heard a pop cause i pushed it further than normal think the clutch is stuck and yes it fit flush and when its on and in gear i rev it and there’s like an odd noise coming from there like something is loose

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
At that time I still didn’t remove the front sprocket cover i just pushed the clutch release arm and heard a pop cause i pushed it further than normal think the clutch is stuck and yes it fit flush and when its on and in gear i rev it and there’s like an odd noise coming from there like something is loose
I don't think there is anyway you can push the clutch plates out too far by moving the lever.

Again if you look at the parts diagram, you will see a gear on the clutch shaft pushing a plunger. My guess is something is amiss there. I can't tell you what long distance.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Ok Anthony. I hope you can read my reply. I use punctuation.

OK, so you were going to 'change the chain' AND the sprockets I hope? You got as far as disconnecting the lower clutch cable and somehow you messed it up? As it's not working like it was?
If I read this correctly, you still have not hade the counter sprocket cover off?

I'd start by getting a service manual- often free online.
Read and Study the diagrams.
Remove and replace the sprockets- ALWAYS suggested when you 'change the chain'.
As per the parts and service diagram- put it back together properly AND Adjust the clutch as it states on clutch cable adjustment in the service manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was only going to change the chain, so i couldn’t get the clutch cable off so i pushed the rod more and I just heard a pop and lost tension so i just removed the cover and changed the chain and put all back there is tension but i not as hard as it should and it feels likes the clutch is stuck i just checked the clutch plates by removing the oil fill plug and i can move the plates with a flathead back and forward without the clutcj being pulled

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
i just checked the clutch plates by removing the oil fill plug and i can move the plates with a flathead back and forward without the clutcj being pulled
Good thing to check.
Unbolt the sprocket cover again and then check to see if the clutch plates are still loose.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I was only going to change the chain, so i couldn’t get the clutch cable off so i pushed the rod more and I just heard a pop and lost tension so i just removed the cover and changed the chain and put all back there is tension but i not as hard as it should and it feels likes the clutch is stuck i just checked the clutch plates by removing the oil fill plug and i can move the plates with a flathead back and forward without the clutcj being pulled
Anthony- if the chain needs replacing, chances are the sprockets are also worn to the worn chain.
It's a thing - really it is. Changing the sprockets when the chain is changed.
Unless of course they show no real wear, then don't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just removed my clutch cover and the clutch plates had alot of movement I tapped it around with a hammer and heard a pop and it went back to normal now the clutch release arm is at it should it has alot of tension now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts