Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just inherited a GSXR 1000 2012 a few months ago. It has been on my trailer the whole time. I have been waiting to get my license., so I start it a few times a week and as soon as I got my license and insurance I went to start it to go for my first ride legally and the battery was dead.
I put my charger on it and it turns over but will not start. the F1 light along with chec came on.. I know General mechanics but I am unsure about this. please help!!!

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Just inherited a GSXR 1000 2012 a few months ago. It has been on my trailer the whole time. I have been waiting to get my license., so I start it a few times a week and as soon as I got my license and insurance I went to start it to go for my first ride legally and the battery was dead.
I put my charger on it and it turns over but will not start. the F1 light along with chec came on.. I know General mechanics but I am unsure about this. please help!!!
Welcome to the forum.

Is the "kill" switch on "run" and either the bike in neutral or sidestand up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes this kill switch is on run, it is a neutral and the sidstand is up. I have always started the bike as usual on the trailer and this time the battery was dead and that light came on with chec on the screen.

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
"CHEC" usually means the ECM is not powered up, that is why I asked about the kill switch, side stand, etc.

I'm assuming you do not hear anything boot up when the ignition is turned on (fuel pump prime or secondaries cycling)

Have you checked the fuses?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts