Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired this bike a few days ago. Had it towed home because the bike was completely dead, sat out in the yard for a couple years (or more) after the owner laid it down, the chain was rusted and slack, it looked like it had been out to sea on a pirate ship. Even if it did fire up no f***g way I was riding that bike home. After removing the fairings and relocating various species of spiders to spider heaven, I was surprised to find minimal damage and once I cleaned the bike up, felt like I might have a winner and felt like I may have some talent in finding gems that owners no longer want to deal with.

The bike is solid structurally, electrically nothing seems touched at all but I got an FI light and no start. When I turn the bike on I hear a god awful... I really don't know how to explain this, it sounds like a 68 year old veteran chain smoking hooker taking it up the glory hole on a cold Detroit morning dry. This is now stuck in your head for sure. Not sorry hehe. Take off the air box check the intakes they look fantastic, I mean pristine clean. Is that the f***g fuel pump? I'm thinking. Whenever it primes (hooker wails) and I hit the start button after, in the middle of cranking it hooker wails again. This is new to me never had this happen. I remove the tail section because I'm psychic/psychotic more likely and I find something called a Bazzowie thing-a-ma-whatsit. A Bazzar TC-Zfi Fuel Injector Traction Control...doohicky. I think the mob put it there. I figure this is it wait for an explosion but nothing happens.

Could this Bazookazar device be causing my no start issue and the reason this chain smoking hooker is trapped inside my tank? I mean this thing is really in there its attached to ever f***g thing like those gray alien babies that fly out at ya and stick to your face and poops down your throat. Help meeeeeee...mmmmmfrrpfffffggggggaack!

Thanks dudes!

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
I'm assuming you are sure the screeching sound is from the fuel pump.

When you first turn on the ignition, the fuel pump should cycle (prime) for a few seconds. When you use the starter button the pump then starts running continuously. It sounds like the bike is acting normally except for the noise.

Take a look in the fuel tank with a flash light for rust and debris. I'm guessing that may be your issue.

At least the first issue. :ROFLMAO:

(I moved this to the tech section also)

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
And the Bazzaz is a good unit and similar to a Power Commander.

Yes it could cause an issue but not likely. Clearly your fuel pump is not working correctly. Fix that first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes it could cause an issue but not likely. Clearly your fuel pump is not working correctly. Fix that first.

Thanks, I was pounding nails into my Barry Bonds autographed steroid bat and deadset on putting a beating on this Bazzoomy thing. Fuel Pump got it... can't wait to start... excited...stoked...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hey Plug,

If the bike sat that long as you say, did you drain what was there, if anything and put in some fresh gas at least?

Good luck and keep posting your results, Smart people on this site will help you get it running again. I don't consider myself one of those smart people. More like the Forrest Gump type LOL

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If that bike were in my garage, this is what I would do:

1. Take the tank off and whatever fuel was in it, pour in the fire pit and burn it.
  2. Remove the fuel pump from the tank and visually inspect the tank. At a minimum, wipe it out and make sure it was clean. If the tank was rusting from the inside, I'd deal with that.
  3. Disassemble and wipe clean all the fuel pump components.
  4. Soak the regulator and pump in Seafoam for 2-3 days.
  5. Wipe the pump and regulator clean, then soak in Marvel's Mystery Oil for 2 days.
  6. Plug the filter housing and fill it with Seafoam for 4-5 days.
  7. Wipe everything clean and reassemble in a now clean/repaired tank.
  8. Pour a whole can of Seafoam into the tank and 1 gallon of fuel.
  9. Hook up a fuel line to the pump and route it to a fuel canister on the floor. Jumper the pump and let it pump that entire mix out of the tank.
  10. By this time, the pump should sound like a normal fuel pump. If not, I'd start shopping for a replacement.
  11. If it's good, I'd put about a gallon of fresh fuel in the tank and try to start it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts