Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In 2011 we pitted the Ducati 848 EVO, Suzuki GSX-R750 and Triumph Daytona 675R against each other both on the track and street to find the king of the middleweight sportbike category. By the numbers, Suzuki's GSX-R750 emerged the winner in both arenas, but the Triumph tugged at our heartstrings throughout. Oddly, despite having the largest displacement, Ducati's 848 EVO simply couldn't hang with its Japanese and British competition.

When Kawasaki re-introduced the ZX-6R with its 636cc engine this year, suddenly the oddball middleweight sportbike wars are back on, and who better to wage this war than us? The natural competitor to the Kawi is the GSX-R750, the winner of this test in 2011. But we have such a soft spot for the Triumph Daytona 675R we decided to bring it along as well.

More: 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R vs. 2012 Suzuki GSX-R750 vs. 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R - Video on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those new Kawis are intriguing. I rode 900R and that thing was like riding a cow with a jet engine and on/off switch for a throttle. Nice to see Kawasakis back in the mix.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have the 13 Gsxr 750 and 13 Daytona in the garage. They both have areas where I prefer one over the other.
I actually like the 675 motor better because the fueling and turbine like 3 just works at road speeds. However, I do like the comfort level and stability of the Zuki over the Triumph. It just fits me better.
Only ridden the straight 600 Kawi but also a fine bike.
DT

·
Registered
9 Posts
still love my gsxr's
The R&D Suzuki has and still devotes to the incredible GSXR is evidenced by both it's history & present superiority on the street & the track. In 1986 Suzuki made a landmark prophetic decision to make THE best sportbike with the ability to dominate the track that could barely be legally ridden on the street. To the average motorist the GSXR /CBR, etc. class are 'just another motorcycle' but with a slight throttle twist the reality of their incredible performance potential quickly becomes obvious. There are a few faster cars than the GSXR/CBR type bikes but due the immutable laws of physics (450lbs vs. 4500+lbs! ) they'll never match the cornering and/or braking of Superbike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts