Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was having a sputtering problem with my bike at cruising speeds and loss of power I take my bike to the shop in February they tell me it’s the throttle body ok I get that replaced go to pick it up and it’s worse than it was when I dropped it off take it back to them they say it’s the fuel pump as well They get that put on I don’t know what to do about my bike they called me today and told me it was ready it’s got a brand new fuel pump and brand new throttle body but it has no power it will redline sitting still with the clutch pulled in or in neutral but when you go to wind out the gears it won’t reach redline it bogs down getting around 12k rpm that’s what I’m estimating anyways they keep saying everything on it checks out but obviously not any help at all would be appreciated...I also bypassed the kickstand kill switch thinking that could be it as I’ve read in other forums of people having that problem and it fixed it for them but that obviously wasn’t the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I was having a sputtering problem with my bike at cruising speeds and loss of power I take my bike to the shop in February they tell me it’s the throttle body ok I get that replaced go to pick it up and it’s worse than it was when I dropped it off take it back to them they say it’s the fuel pump as well They get that put on I don’t know what to do about my bike they called me today and told me it was ready it’s got a brand new fuel pump and brand new throttle body but it has no power it will redline sitting still with the clutch pulled in or in neutral but when you go to wind out the gears it won’t reach redline it bogs down getting around 12k rpm that’s what I’m estimating anyways they keep saying everything on it checks out but obviously not any help at all would be appreciated...I also bypassed the kickstand kill switch thinking that could be it as I’ve read in other forums of people having that problem and it fixed it for them but that obviously wasn’t the problem
are you already try change the spark plug first ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts