Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my bike it has no f1 light or fi light (who cares which one). I take off and can go through every gear with no light until I let the RPMs drop while in gear or engine breaking. When at a low RPM the light comes on and simultaneously the engine seems to break harder and it sort of boggs down. Also, when I'm riding and I pull the clutch in and I try to rev match the RPM drops so fast that the throttle almost wont work to bring up the RPMs! At times this will make the bike die if the RPMS drop all of the way. As soon as I shut the bike off and start it back, the light is gone until I do as explained above. PLEASE HELP!?

·
Premium Member
8,360 Posts
When I start my bike it has no f1 light or fi light (who cares which one). I take off and can go through every gear with no light until I let the RPMs drop while in gear or engine breaking. When at a low RPM the light comes on and simultaneously the engine seems to break harder and it sort of boggs down. Also, when I'm riding and I pull the clutch in and I try to rev match the RPM drops so fast that the throttle almost wont work to bring up the RPMs! At times this will make the bike die if the RPMS drop all of the way. As soon as I shut the bike off and start it back, the light is gone until I do as explained above. PLEASE HELP!?
Welcome.

First, does "FI" flash in the temperature window when the light comes on?

If so, put it in dealer mode (search for how to do it) and ride the bike till the light come on and a "C##" code shows in the temp window. Yes, it is fine to ride it in dealer mode.

·
Registered
302 Posts
"When at a low RPM the light comes on and simultaneously the engine seems to break harder and it sort of boggs down."
That sounds like fail-safe/limp home mode. Be certain that there's no chance of overheating when you ride in dealer mode.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It sounds almost like the exhaust servo code C46. What aftermarket parts do you have on the bike? Do you have the SET Valve/EXUP still on there? Do you own a paper clip and can take it with you on a ride to check the code when it comes on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts