Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble out of my bike no codes pull up when checked I have a full Brock exhaust pc5 sprint filter about a week are two ago it started dieing at low rpms are if u pulled the clutch in at red light are to stop did a tune up new plugs clean air filter and oil and have even tried to unplug the pc5 but it does not want to stay running and if I do get it to start it has low rpms and when giving throttle has some smoke any ideal? 2017 gsxr1000r

·
Super Moderator
8,875 Posts
Welcome.

How does it run off idle? Have you checked that it is running on all cylinders? (headers heating up pretty equally)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tight valves can choke an engine out at low rpms, which is usually precluded by it being hard to start because it can’t get enough air into the cylinder.

How many miles on the bike? Ever had a valve adjustment? Is it hard to start? What color was the smoke? Is the bike flashed or stock ecu and dyno tune? What kind of riding have you been doing/ any riding that was extremely hard on the engine (drag racing, or road racing)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tight valves can choke an engine out at low rpms, which is usually precluded by it being hard to start because it can’t get enough air into the cylinder.

How many miles on the bike? Ever had a valve adjustment? Is it hard to start? What color was the smoke? Is the bike flashed or stock ecu and dyno tune? What kind of riding have you been doing/ any riding that was extremely hard on the engine (drag racing, or road racing)?
It is a light to white color smoke the bike has almost 24,000 miles on it and has been rode somewhat hard freeway pulls manly,it is hard to get to start and normal with throttle only will it run and has flashed ECU

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well light white is lean or your burning coolant. Check your radiator to make sure you still have coolant. What did the plugs look like when they got changed?

·
Registered
247 Posts
you may also have to do a fur pressure test to make sure your fuel pumps not going dead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The plugs looked burnt and two had some what appears to be gas when I whipped them off on clean rag no stain just wet will check the fluid in reservoir but has not ran hot any

·
Registered
247 Posts
Burnt as in covered with black or brown? Was there any white? Wet plugs as in black suit and wet or oily black?

Don't just check the over flow, you need to open the radiator cap and if needed add fluid to see how much might be missing.

My suspicion at this point is you either have tight valves not allowing enough air into the cylinder for the fuel to atomize and burn properly causing a fowled/wet plug or you have significant ring wear from hard miles. The easiest way to eliminate ring wear (sort of) is to put the crank case hose off the air box and see if there is white smoke coming from it which indicates blow by, or the more intensive procedures of a compression/leak down test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts