Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mods, please move if this is in the wrong place.

[ Suzuki Motor Corp has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model-year GSX250R/RZ motorcycles.
Suzuki Motor Corp is initiating a safety recall campaign of 2018 GSX250R/RZ motorcycles.

The filament in the high/low beam headlamp bulb may break prematurely, resulting in sudden loss of illumination, which can reduce operator visibility and/or a clear view, increasing the risk of a crash. ]

🔴 I DO NOT know if the '19-'20 year models of the GSX250R/RZ are part of the recall.
You should get a "Safety Recall Notice" letter from Suzuki if they have you registered as the motorcycle's owner.
Contact your local authorized Suzuki dealer with VIN in hand to check things out. Their service department can pull up your bike's VIN, verify, order parts, and schedule a time to make repairs.

·
SuperMod of the North
28,155 Posts
Nope, you nailed the place to put it. Good info, thank you.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I'd follow up with an late update. The H-4 headlamp was replaced with a more 'vibration-resistant' type...
Suzuki part number: 09471-12249. No idea if they're available at after-market vendors, yet.. but that's the new number.

·
Registered
gsxr 1000 k1
2 Posts
Contact your dealer and customer support. Check with them if your VIN is part of this and describe the problems. You can also free vin check using Epicvin to get more information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts