Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I'm assuming that was in the inside on a magnet?

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
It looks important.
It looks to be about the size of a wrist pin clip but I don't think so.
I had the same thought. It looks like the inside tang of one of those internal locking clips where you have to grab the center tang and twist it to the side to let the clip unlock. I can't find an image.

I don't think they are used as wrist pin clips but I can't remember where I have encountered them before.

@Gunnar which end has the broken edge and has it been chewed up? Hard to tell from the pictures.

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Looking at it closer, it almost looks like a piece of safety wire that got smashed by a gear or something. The safety wire I use is stainless but I'm guessing other steel alloys are out there. (some stainless is magnetic)

Wood Electric blue Thumb Fashion accessory Metal

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
My other thought is that retaining rings are very hard and not easily mangled. This just seems like random bends.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It just seems too “strong” to be a smashed safety wire I think.. like I cannot change the shape of it. It is some very odd. I took the oil pan & clutch out & I’ve noticed nothing..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, I reckon it's like this........................ 1) run it and don't look back.................2) have a priest say a prayer over it............3) start to wrenchin'...................

Check my screen name, you DON"T want any advice from me...........:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I reckon it's like this........................ 1) run it and don't look back.................2) have a priest say a prayer over it............3) start to wrenchin'...................

Check my screen name, you DON"T want any advice from me...........:cool:
gonna have to go with 1, 2 as well, if I knew a priest personally I would but I’ll do my own little one. On 3, I’ve done enough wrenching I think too know either way I’m gonna have to pay an arm & a leg to figure It out & fix it or just a little more to fix it lol. Will give an update tonight 🤞🏻

1 - 16 of 16 Posts