·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got an email from MotoGP. Austin postponed to November 13-15. Will probably be too cold to ride down then.... super bummed.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Well, it is good to see that the nation is taking this crap seriously.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's being blown out of proportion. Influenza is deadlier but we have a vaccine in place that really slows it down. This being a novel virus, no one has antibodies yet.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Glad I didn't buy tickets early. Thought about it but I want to take the bike in an enclosed trailer that I don't have yet. Not keen on leaving the bike out at night in some hotel parking lot. Too many theft rings coming up from parts unknown (like Houston) looking for easy picking.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sucks you have to worry about stuff like that. The good news is that they're offering refunds as long as they're claimed by July 1st. In November, it'll be far too cold to ride down, and that was the main draw for me. I've got my campsites cancelled and refunded. I'm traveling enough for work that I might have enough points to fly and get a hotel for free, but that's essentially a $300 bet that I will. I'll probably end up returning them and buying the bars I want for my Harley...

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
I went there for it in 2011 and it was great.
Small world. I was there with a friend also. One only time to Indy and a MotoGP race.

We were in the stands towards the end of the straight and could see about 4 turns live and then the coverage on the big monitor in front. I'm glad I went.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be stand E. Best seats in my opinion.

I lived about 8 miles from the track. Had some inside info that GP was coming. There was a press event that started with a group of motorcycles riding from downtown to the track. I got in on that and rode next to Kenny Roberts Jr. They parked us on the bricks behind the pagoda and then into a press room. Rossi's and Hayden's bikes (probably previous years) were there. Kevin Schwantz was there. They asked him where the best racing would be. He said turn 7. So we sat in the stands behind the museum. That was the year the hurricane came through. Trees in the infield were broken and uprooted. In Ducati Island, a bike was picked up by it's cover and drug over the top of 30 other bikes. Including a tri-color 1098. It was CRAZY.

I went every year. My wife and I used to host a party on the Friday. Called it the "Hoosier Hospitality Party". I deep fried a couple turkeys and we provided everything. Had open invitations on here. Steve (revzilla) came a couple years. One year he brought this hot Russian chick and told us the party was the only reason he came to Indy. Race weekend was a huge part of our lives every year it was here.

Really excited for Moto America to be here in August. Also, now that Penske owns the speedway, I'm going to predict WSBK will come and GP will come back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts