Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked far and wide for this motorcycle and none were even delivered to the state I live in, as far as I know. Every dealer I called gave me the same cold shoulder, except for one. He found me one in the Carolinas. I was told that there were only 160 copies sent to the US. Anyone have any info on these bikes?

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
Welcome.

It is listed on the Suzuki website.

Most previous "anniversary editions" were not much more than a special paint scheme and a badge on the top triple. The website does not seem to mention any features beyond the stock bike.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
In my experience most dealers only buy inventory based on their local sales expectations and never have a complete lineup of a manufacturer's different models. Did you ask about ordering one or are you just looking for one that's in-stock to see up close before deciding if you want to buy it? I'd be very surprised if they said they couldn't get one for you, and cold shoulders are usually a response to customers that are not willing to cough up the necessary cash.

Reactions: rv6john

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my experience most dealers only buy inventory based on their local sales expectations and never have a complete lineup of a manufacturer's different models. Did you ask about ordering one or are you just looking for one that's in-stock to see up close before deciding if you want to buy it? I'd be very surprised if they said they couldn't get one for you, and cold shoulders are usually a response to customers that are not willing to cough up the necessary cash.
I called several dealers that said the same thing: don't have, never had and cannot get one. Every dealer I called said the same thing. This is not your typical run of the mill model. I 've only heard the 160 number, but haven't confirmed. And I already did my homework and saw just about every write-up, including from Suzuki's website. I was just looking to see one up close, like you said, but felt a strong attraction the more I found that they just weren't out there. People keep saying this is the same bike with different paint, bla, bla, bla. The more that I learn about this bike, the more that I respect the engineers at Suzuki! Thank you for your reply!

·
Registered
326 Posts
There are many here in Mississippi for sale since no one rides sport bikes. Its no where near as good looking as the 2017-2020 blue or blue/black. Yes 2017-2021 is the same bike minus a couple of small differences between the standard, ABS, or R model.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I called several dealers that said the same thing: don't have, never had and cannot get one. Every dealer I called said the same thing. This is not your typical run of the mill model. I 've only heard the 160 number, but haven't confirmed. And I already did my homework and saw just about every write-up, including from Suzuki's website. I was just looking to see one up close, like you said, but felt a strong attraction the more I found that they just weren't out there. People keep saying this is the same bike with different paint, bla, bla, bla. The more that I learn about this bike, the more that I respect the engineers at Suzuki! Thank you for your reply!
I would LOVE to have one myself but the wife would blow a head-gasket if I bought one (assuming I could even find one to buy of course). It's a beautiful model and I like the blue Ecstar paint scheme more than any other factory colors I've seen. I hunted high & low to find the blue 2018 750 that I have and got it for $9595 still in the shipping crate because the dealer wanted to make room in the warehouse for newer models. I wish you the best of luck in your search and I can't imagine any dealer not doing everything they could to make the sale. A long time ago I was a (helper) mechanic at a Kawasaki dealership and they would try to move a mountain to make the sale if they had to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are many here in Mississippi for sale since no one rides sport bikes. Its no where near as good looking as the 2017-2020 blue or blue/black. Yes 2017-2021 is the same bike minus a couple of small differences between the standard, ABS, or R model.
Can you please post the names of these dealers that have all these bikes available? The MotoGP edition not the matt black. Since I bought mine, I have a few friends interested but are unable to locate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would LOVE to have one myself but the wife would blow a head-gasket if I bought one (assuming I could even find one to buy of course). It's a beautiful model and I like the blue Ecstar paint scheme more than any other factory colors I've seen. I hunted high & low to find the blue 2018 750 that I have and got it for $9595 still in the shipping crate because the dealer wanted to make room in the warehouse for newer models. I wish you the best of luck in your search and I can't imagine any dealer not doing everything they could to make the sale. A long time ago I was a (helper) mechanic at a Kawasaki dealership and they would try to move a mountain to make the sale if they had to.
The problem that these dealerships had was that they all didn't get any of the 100 year MotoGP edition motorcycles. There were none to be had in Ohio, at all! They offered the matt black ones, but not the 100 year anniversary blue and silver ones. ty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you please post the names of these dealers that have all these bikes available? The MotoGP edition not the matt black. Since I bought mine, I have a few friends interested but are unable to locate.
Funny that the dealer in Ohio that found mine in the Carolinas told me this was the only one he could find in the entire US. He also requested the Carolinas dealer to ship this bike to them, but was refused. I call BS, Mr 3/4 liter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts