Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
How did...

how did this air patrol measure exactly 1/4 mile......... and what kind of stopwatch did he use ............ ja ja ja

Ride Safe......... :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
GixxerG said:
how did this air patrol measure exactly 1/4 mile......... and what kind of stopwatch did he use ............ ja ja ja

they have markings on the roadways that are 1/4 mile apart.

·
Registered
600 Posts
GixxerG said:

there are markers on the highway..thats how they clock you from point a to point b

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
r_meintel said:
I thought they governed bike for 186mph.
yes but they probably have easy ways to get around it like on the GSXR's with the TRE.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
They gave the other guy a ticket for 111 but they didn't take him to jail and no wreckless driving ticket...but he would have done more then slowly pull away if he was doing nearly twice the other guys speed.....
Course had they been in cali they would have both been arrested for wreckless, excessive speed, speed contest, driving with out license, violating terms of their permit if they had that, wreckless endangerment, eluding police ( cause we all know they couldn't stop right away or seen the dude for a while and why not tack on a few extra charges....

Not to mention it would have been on tv and if he was in la he would have gotten beaten as soon as he stopped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lyte- said:
They gave the other guy a ticket for 111 but they didn't take him to jail and no wreckless driving ticket...but he would have done more then slowly pull away if he was doing nearly twice the other guys speed.....
Course had they been in cali they would have both been arrested for wreckless, excessive speed, speed contest, driving with out license, violating terms of their permit if they had that, wreckless endangerment, eluding police ( cause we all know they couldn't stop right away or seen the dude for a while and why not tack on a few extra charges....

Not to mention it would have been on tv and if he was in la he would have gotten beaten as soon as he stopped.

:laughingr that is so true! and aren't most of the cops in LA are from oakland? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Yeah I think a lot of them are... Almost all oakland cops are crooked

·
Registered
543 Posts
i'm gonna go with my gut instinct and say the pilot clocked him wrong he was prob doing more like 190 which is still fast but over 200 and it ain't a busa or 12R..hmmmmm. but whatever that is still some crazy shit. :infrandom

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
i'm gonna go with my gut instinct and say the pilot clocked him wrong he was prob doing more like 190 which is still fast but over 200 and it ain't a busa or 12R..hmmmmm. but whatever that is still some crazy shit. :infrandom
I'm going with you because I was just reading in roadracing world that on the front straight of one of the tracks it was a mile long straight, bostrom on his honda with a tail wind was hitting like 197. so I don't belive that a street model would do more than that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
skibum91 said:
I'm going with you because I was just reading in roadracing world that on the front straight of one of the tracks it was a mile long straight, bostrom on his honda with a tail wind was hitting like 197. so I don't belive that a street model would do more than that.
:rofl: i'm still sticking with the cop/pilot's math ability is out of spec. :laughingr

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
g_sux_r said:
:rofl: i'm still sticking with the cop/pilot's math ability is out of spec. :laughingr
that could be very true. something is wrong here, whether its the markers on the road, his stop watch, him operating the watch. Something is wrong there.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
skibum91 said:
nice guess but your wrong :twofinger
road racing bike aren't made for top speed shit...
this bike had 8k in mods...(when i find the other site i'll show you that part)

The stop-watch method is inaccurate at high speeds. 2 tenths of a second over a 1/4 mile sampling is a 10mph difference.

GO HONDA!!!
:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
that is a nasty icon moto...

but can you believe that shit made out local news here in la

lets see what they have to say about this

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
not to mention the dude can spend nearly the value of his bike in modifications but he can't see to find the time or money to get his motorcycle license?

·
Registered
543 Posts
bottom line, the cops clocked him wrong and he's gonna pay extra money for an allready outraegous ticket.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
extra money my ass..
that bitches ticket was only $215 [email protected]!!! :2hard

man the ticket for violating the car pull Lane in cali is more then that shit!!

WTF :headscrat

1 - 20 of 51 Posts