Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K8 600 and have been doing 1st gear clutch ups consistently and riding them out for about a month now. Getting really close to BP but i dont like how touchy 1st gear is when up there. I have tried 2nd gear on a couple of occassions as i would like to be able to wheelie without having to slow down enough and drop to 1st gear. I have been messing around with different speeds in second along with different clutch methods but no luck. I have -1 +3 gearing so it should come up. I know it has to be me and not the bike. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How different of a technique do I need to use with 2nd as opposed to 1st? Ive got it like a foot off the ground before in 2nd. But nothing ever comes of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been riding kinda in the middle of the seat. I have noticed sitting all the way towards the tail of the bike brings it up a little easier but it causes more wobbles than i would like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Standing up up with left foot on rear peg and right foot on front rear set. Lock left leg. This position is easier than sitting to learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts