Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
probably the 6th or 7th problem with this bike in a month. im debating if i want to sell this pos or get the trans fixed..

im gonna try to keep this short. second gear has always had issues. at high rpm it would slip 3-4 times. yesterday i was cruising in second and all of a sudden a nasty grinding sound occurred. i shifted down to first and it still did it. so i stopped the bike, turned it off for 5 minutes then got back on it. first gear is fine now, second gear is still grinding like a mofo, 3rd and so on are fine.

so this is what i think happened... a tooth from second broke off and it was rattling around...and thats why it was grinding in first gear in the beginning, but when i shut it off the tooth just floated to the bottom and stop rattling around. does this seem like a logical explanation?

also, does anyone have a ballpark estimate on how much it would cost to replace second gear...because i do not trust myself to do it on my own.

2000 gsxr 600

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.