Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding bike and when I was in 3rd I gave her the gun and so as she went up the revs she stopped reving out and heard a sound as if the chain was spinning on the cogs .... do you know what's wrong folks ?? I think 3rd gear is away but not sure it's a 600 gsxr k5.

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
Welcome. Interesting name. :p

So does 3rd gear work now? How do the rest of the gears sound?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Is your chain maintenance up to date?
Lubed, tightened to spec?

Is the clutch slipping?

Can you give us a better explanation on what is happening? Is it all the time? Only 3rd gear?
What's your riding history and that of the 600?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your chain maintenance up to date?
Lubed, tightened to spec?

Is the clutch slipping?

Can you give us a better explanation on what is happening? Is it all the time? Only 3rd gear?
What's your riding history and that of the 600?
The rest of the gears works fine it's just when I drive the throttle on 3rd gear the sound sounds like the chain slipping on sproket and it doesnt accelerate it's a 600 gsxr k5 and I dont think it is the clutch but I hope it is rather than gear box

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
A good way to test the clutch and the chain is to go wide open throttle from 2,000 rpm while in 6th gear.
If the engine doesn't rev without acceleration that's not the problem.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,979 Posts
Can you accelerate hard in 1st and 2nd? That would rule out a final drive problem. Can you shift through all the gears?

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
The rest of the gears works fine it's just when I drive the throttle on 3rd gear the sound sounds like the chain slipping on sproket and it doesnt accelerate it's a 600 gsxr k5 and I dont think it is the clutch but I hope it is rather than gear box
I don't think it is the clutch but if the 3rd gear is popping out of gear under acceleration, it is a pretty violent and noisy occurrence.

The "doesn't accelerate" part is confusing to me. Is the rpm jumping up at the same time?

Reactions: JETMECHANIC

·
SuperMod of the North
26,979 Posts
Could this be a damaged cush drive?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts