Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Unless you are racing or heavy into trackdays don't bother. I have a 520 on my GSXR and do like 15+ trackdays per year and race my R6. You won't feel a difference from a 525 to a 520. Going from a 525 to a 520 is still saving some weight and is less rotating mass for the engine. On my R6 the stock chain was a 532 (which is bigger than a Busas chain) and when I went to a 520 you could tell. If your current chain is older and you are replacing you could get a 520. Just be sure to change your sprockets at the same time and get a quality chain. If you want to feel a difference you could go -1 in front or +3 in the rear or do the common -1, +2 combo. On my GSXR I did +3 in the rear because if you go down in the front, the engine has to work harder.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You won't be able to tell the difference, but the big advantage other than the performace, is 520 chains and sprockets are usually cheaper and easier to get ahold of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.