Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 gsxr 1000 and just wanted to know if anyone who had a 03 1000 drag raced and had any good 60' times well better that mine 1.78 if so if u dont mind what is your gearing want to lower my 60' but need some suggestions

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
03gsxr1000 said:
i have a 03 gsxr 1000 and just wanted to know if anyone who had a 03 1000 drag raced and had any good 60' times well better that mine 1.78 if so if u dont mind what is your gearing want to lower my 60' but need some suggestions
1.78 sounds pretty good, that sounds about right.

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey quick question for ya.. what were you getting for et and mph with that 60ft ?? i have a 04 1k and hoping to get to the track in the spring , just curious to see what others are getting for times.. also how was your launch tech?? slip hell out of clucth or roll out? also what are your best shift rpms? i know with my 04 the front end wont stay down for nothing.. so im thinking its gonna be tough to get a good launch with out ending up on my back....lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my et was a 9.90 with that i suggest that you lower the front with your forks and strap it cause you won't get a good launch with it at stock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your 60 ft. time

03gsxr1000 said:

Hay If you still have a stock everything that's not to bad. If you get more
seat time you should be able to get around the 1.68 range.I have an 01
gsxr 1000 and at stock my best was 1.72. If you want a good gear change
is 1 tooth down on both sprockets front & back. The Busa guys normally do this. This will also give you more wheel base. Have fun and good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
i posted this in another thread at the top page but i am 100% stock and with stock gearing have bested a 1.71 60. just went down one in the front but didnt get to race today got rained out but hope to do that or better and gain some et and mph thanks

p.s i am 6'3 and 226 with helmet and jacket

·
Registered
57 Posts
mktrem said:
Hay If you still have a stock everything that's not to bad. If you get more
seat time you should be able to get around the 1.68 range.I have an 01
gsxr 1000 and at stock my best was 1.72. If you want a good gear change
is 1 tooth down on both sprockets front & back. The Busa guys normally do this. This will also give you more wheel base. Have fun and good luck :thumbup:

would nt it be one in the front down and up one in the rear, i myself would not recomend more than one in front if you drive on the street alot mine turns some r's crusing now mutch less gearing one down in front and one up in rear. if you gear it one front and down one in the rear its the same gearing.

note gearing one down in front is the same as gearing up 2.47 in the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
92 gsxr 600 60'

i have a 92 gsxr 600 i went out last friday and raced it i pulled 13.5's in the 1/4 mile the first 60' killed me and im sure the bike is capable of alot better. any comments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts