Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my 04 600 about a month ago for 6599.00 about 6999.00 OTD. but they were a new shop bike shop (mainly sold ATV and Snowmobiles) and they said Suzuki gave them 40 bikes to start up their partnership and get new customers... :thumbup: I think I got lucky on that deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They have about $2,000 profit which is a lot when you compare it to a vehicle . I have about $3800 profit in a $42,000 Dodge truck so having $2k profit on a $8200 bike is really good. I wish I would have started in the bike business instead of the car business. More fun, happier people buying toys and most bike buyers pay msrp or ask for a minimal discount, compared to the monster the car manufactures have created with all these rebates and huge dealer discounts. Its great for the consumers but not the best for the countries economy. Oh well :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea, dealers are stingy about the price.... sometimes, I wished I went to the midwest and picked up a bike and rode it back to cali... so much cheaper cuz otd prices are like 1k cheaper there and in cali because of stupid standards is always around 8k if not more

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
hundo24 said:
They have about $2,000 profit which is a lot when you compare it to a vehicle . I have about $3800 profit in a $42,000 Dodge truck so having $2k profit on a $8200 bike is really good. I wish I would have started in the bike business instead of the car business. More fun, happier people buying toys and most bike buyers pay msrp or ask for a minimal discount, compared to the monster the car manufactures have created with all these rebates and huge dealer discounts. Its great for the consumers but not the best for the countries economy. Oh well :)
yup thats wut i was thinking, i sold cars too, and its about at least 2k profit in cars. I figured it had to be the same for bikes cause how on earth can they make money. Sure a bike is under 10k, but they still have to make money. If the profit was 200 bucks..how the fuck r they gonna survive. It has to be at least 2k profit. Like i said, i wouldn't be suprised if bikes cost were half of msrp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.