Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a 08 gsxr 600 and i have a decent amount of mods done and i have yet to take it to the track. i was looking for input on what i would/could run. and a few tips and tricks about what i should or should not do.

I also just ordered some factory pro V-stax and will be installing and tuning before i go to the strip. what should i expect fromt the stacks? are they even worth the cash?

All my other mods are in my sig, any info will be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
If this is your first time, then you will most likely do really bad. So don't get frustrated by your poor results. Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok like one other poster said...You will more then likely do poorly at first. Because with more seat time comes better results. With your setup you should run about15 psi in the rear tire. Launch at about 8-10k RPMs and slip that clutch...LOL When I mean slip I mean slip that thing and give it gas. Your 60's are what is going to make or break you.
My first run was a 2.2 60Ft and 7.8 1/8th...The best so far going 3 times and about 30 runs was a 1.9 60ft and a 7.1 1/8th.

Good Luck

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i pretty sure that i will not run a good time in my first trip to the strip but any info helps before i do. i would someday like to get in the nines. i just dont know if ill get there on my current set up or after i get v-stacks and a dynotune. but i will give it hell!

as far as the performance gains on the stacks i ordered, waste of money for the strip or what?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well guys, i went 11.3 at 125 with a horrible 60ft time. def have room to improve...

·
Registered
326 Posts
ok, i have a 08 gsxr 600 and i have a decent amount of mods done and i have yet to take it to the track. i was looking for input on what i would/could run. and a few tips and tricks about what i should or should not do.

I also just ordered some factory pro V-stax and will be installing and tuning before i go to the strip. what should i expect fromt the stacks? are they even worth the cash?

All my other mods are in my sig, any info will be greatly appriciated!
The v-stacks will give you more, way more pull in your mid range.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but will they hurt my power band anywhere else. like take away the top end some but up the power in the mid range?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that wasnt me sayin i was guna run 9s. id need head work and cams cause the air down here in sucktown tx really effin sucks for racing...

·
Drag Racer
1,884 Posts
Ok like one other poster said...You will more then likely do poorly at first. Because with more seat time comes better results. With your setup you should run about15 psi in the rear tire. Launch at about 8-10k RPMs and slip that clutch...LOL When I mean slip I mean slip that thing and give it gas. Your 60's are what is going to make or break you.
My first run was a 2.2 60Ft and 7.8 1/8th...The best so far going 3 times and about 30 runs was a 1.9 60ft and a 7.1 1/8th.

Good Luck

15 psi on a stock wheel base bike?? your just killing your mph, keep rear tire pressure normal

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
15 psi on a stock wheel base bike?? your just killing your mph, keep rear tire pressure normal
he was refering to me in that post and my wheel base is no where near stock. im sitting right at 8in over stock

and as far as running nines... the hummidity where i live is like riddin through corn syrup. so it'll take lots and lots of runs with a good tune and spray....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.