Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a scratched stator cover, but now my bike gives me codes c11 and c12 when I try to start it.

What could have gone wrong?

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
Welcome.

Did the bike run fine before you "fixed" it?

Since those two sensors are not near the stator cover, my only guess is that you damaged some wiring or the plugs on the ECM are loose?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did run before.
I had replaced it and started the bike, but the stator heated up like crazy. I realized when I took it apart that I hadn't tightened the bolts down on the coil, so it must have been vibrating and creating heat.

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
Or the damage wasn't limited to the cover....
He says he stator cover. On this bike, the CKP is on the other side under the clutch cover and the CMP is way above on the valve cover. That is the strange part as they are not connected.

OK. Next guess. With the loose stator floating around, how much metal is also floating around?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wiped out the stator with shop towels as best I could after I saw what I did.

I will have to check the sensors and look along the wires I guess.

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
I wiped out the stator with shop towels as best I could after I saw what I did.

I will have to check the sensors and look along the wires I guess.
Yes, do the wire check first. If everything is OK you should pull one of the senders and check for metal bits causing it to malfunction. I'm guessing the cam position sensor is the easiest to pull and check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up taking the bike to a master mechanic. He found that the aftermarket stator cover had different dimensions from the original. He bored it out in stages until the bike started.

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
I ended up taking the bike to a master mechanic. He found that the aftermarket stator cover had different dimensions from the original. He bored it out in stages until the bike started.
Thanks for the update. You are not the first to have the engine lock up after installing a aftermarket stator cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts