Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

: (

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  pinkfloydscorpio 
#1 ·
well it finally happened... im not even sure what happened. pulled out of a gas station and hit the throttle, not more than i usually do, but for some reason the front end popped up real fast and over it went on me, it all just happened so fast that i really dont even know where i went wrong. i know i should have let off the throttle but it happend so fast there wasnt much i could do. but any ways i slide down the road a bit, probably happened at aroun 40 mphish.. but i stop sliding, and just see my bike doing a flip down the highway. and my heart sank.... i ended up with roadrash on my elbows... my shoe was torn up and my toe got it pretty bad, but other than that im good to go. but, i had 4 people stop and ask if i were ok, and i pulled my bike and many many pieces to the side of the road. front fairing is shit now, basically everything but the forks in the front, but the headlight and gauge is fine... and the whole tail section is fucked... i love frame sliders for saving the sides of my bike. sooo it'll be fixed soon i hope. ill post pics later

#17 ·
its a 04 gsxr six... gears are -1 in the front. and yeah, im thanksful i walked away with not much damage to myself. my bike is pretty messed up, so anyone know where i can get these parts let me know. thanks
I think he meant what kind of armor were you wearing like boots, leather, helmet and gloves. That kind of thing.

#13 ·
with it only being a 600, you must have been trying to bring the front up. did you slip the clutch alittle too fast?
cause with my sixxer i have to try to bring her up by letting off the throttle and back on, then it comes up. but not just by getting on the throttle will it come up.

#14 ·
well it finally happened... im not even sure what happened. pulled out of a gas station and hit the throttle, not more than i usually do, but for some reason the front end popped up real fast and over it went on me, it all just happened so fast that i really dont even know where i went wrong. i know i should have let off the throttle but it happend so fast there wasnt much i could do. but any ways i slide down the road a bit, probably happened at aroun 40 mphish.. but i stop sliding, and just see my bike doing a flip down the highway. and my heart sank.... i ended up with roadrash on my elbows... my shoe was torn up and my toe got it pretty bad, but other than that im good to go. but, i had 4 people stop and ask if i were ok, and i pulled my bike and many many pieces to the side of the road. front fairing is shit now, basically everything but the forks in the front, but the headlight and gauge is fine... and the whole tail section is fucked... i love frame sliders for saving the sides of my bike. sooo it'll be fixed soon i hope. ill post pics later
Time to tune it down a notch maybe?

#18 ·
i dont know but im calling bullshit no effense but it takes alot to bring my front end up on my 600 srad maybe theres alot more tourqe on a newer one but, no way i could accidently wheelie when turning just saying,i cant do it that easy if you kjnow a trick please tell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.