Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1998 750 about a year ago and have tried everything to keep the front end up in the air. All my friends that ride say that bike should bring up the front end easily in 1st and 2nd but it will hardly come up in 1st. I was told this could be a clutch problem, if anyone has an idea of all this lost power let me know. :arsenal

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
1ST step is a tune up
Some of it could be rider error,but if your in first gear and with full throttle it seems to be revving alot faster than it sounds well that may be the case.
Take it in get it checked. Hard to tell without being on bike to know

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It could be a clutch problem, but like was said the bike would rev higher without any noticable increase in speed.

It should power up first (stock gearing here) and be able to clutch up second pretty easily. 3rd is a bit more difficult on that bike, but can be done.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
it could just be rider skill

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know when we moved here to higher elevation we had to get our bikes gas air ratio changed, I am not sure :headscrat what in the hell my husband had them do at the shop but it really changed the power of them Big Time.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
skibum91 said:
it could just be rider skill

I lean that way too, but only because you said "I cant keep it up in the air" which leads me to believe you ARE getting it off the ground, but you are NOT getting to balance point, and thus the reason you cannot keep it up.

If you can still see over the front end, and you are sitting down, and you are shorter than about 6'0" then you are not at balance point.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
get rolling, put the bike in second and then slowly slow it down with the front brake, if you can come to almost a complete stop without it stalling the clutch is probably slipping. Also, If you're clutching it make sure you stay on the gas, don't let off as soon as you drop the clutch, that will just make it engine brake. Standups are a lot easier to bring up and to balance than sit downs are, it moves your weight toward the back of the bike and makes BP lower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.