Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just throwing this out there to anybody whose tried it, i've heard on other forums that the 750's top speed is 185, i myself have gotten her up to 180 (yes imma squid) but was not able to hit 185 due to cars on the highway, can anybody verify the 185?

· Registered
907 Posts
dont know for sure about the k6 750 but ive got my k6 600 to 175 and i think i coulda got a couple more mph outta her....i would think 185 for ur 750 but the speedos are wrong anyway when your goin that fast

· Registered
316 Posts
Come on guys.........you do know that speedoes are off once you get to that speed. A 600 will not do 175 just because the speedo says so. From what I've read and heard, a 750s top speed is 174, it doesn't matter what the speedometer reads. I know there will be more people backing me on this one.
With the 600 your looking at around 164 to 168ish.

· Registered
194 Posts
The only two ways to get an accurate top speed is either with radar or a GPS. I ran my K5 1000 a few times with a GPS in my pocket. I had about a 5-10 MPH discrepancy B/W my speedo and the GPS.
The GPS was in your pocket? How was it able to work since it relies on being in the line-of-sight with multiple satellites? :hmmm:

· Registered
994 Posts
Why does everyone keep correcting people when they say how fast thier speedo read???????

yes gps is more accurate... yes speedos are off... but WTF man who cares??? its a legit number that you can post up that your bike "read".

Seriously everyone knows speedos are off... so quit trying to prove a point by bashing people who post what thier bike indicated as a top speed.

It does not make you look any smarter by saying that speedos are inaccurate.

this finishes my rant
Thank you.. and goodnight

· The Bestest Racer
3,029 Posts
Why does everyone keep correcting people when they say how fast thier speedo read???????

yes gps is more accurate... yes speedos are off... but WTF man who cares??? its a legit number that you can post up that your bike "read".

Seriously everyone knows speedos are off... so quit trying to prove a point by bashing people who post what thier bike indicated as a top speed.

It does not make you look any smarter by saying that speedos are inaccurate.

this finishes my rant
Thank you.. and goodnight
The fact that people say their 600 reaches 178 and a 750 reaches 186 is total bs, unless geared to do so and have speedohealers. The speedo error at those speeds can be upward of 20+ mph. Therefore, such a large deviance must be stated. When I changed the sprocket on my 750, my speedo read "176" however I was really only going 153.

· Registered
470 Posts
i done 186+++++, because on all the k6's the digital speedo only will go to 186...so if you do 186 and it doesnt move look at your rpm's because those will still move and mine stop at 186 with 14,900 rpms and i went to around 15,100 so maybe 189 to 190
:thumbup:

· Registered
230 Posts
i done 186+++++, because on all the k6's the digital speedo only will go to 186...so if you do 186 and it doesnt move look at your rpm's because those will still move and mine stop at 186 with 14,900 rpms and i went to around 15,100 so maybe 189 to 190
:thumbup:
+1 to that....... its what ive been saying all along in a bunch of other threads..... if you guys will just check your rpm you can figure your exact speed based upon gearing and tire size down to the 1/100th of a mph......

there is a detailed explanation on how to figure it in this thread here.....

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=23897&page=2

· Registered
230 Posts
According to my calculations a k6 600 will be moving 182 mph at 16000rpm with stock gearing..... the bike may not have enough stock power to reach that speed but the bike does have the potential to get there..... if someone could give me the primary reduction ratio, each tranny gear ratio, the final drive ratio, and the tire size i can figure the exact top speed of a 750.....

A lot will also depend on how heavy the driver is and what kind of riding conditions are in affect that day..... These condition WILL come into play when trying to figure the top end speed, however you can figure your exact speed at any point in time if you have the rpm...... if the bike can turb the rpm it can go the speed.....

· Premium Member
9,370 Posts
Actually, GPS's are not accurate always accurate for speeds. Most cheap handheld units are positionally accurate to 50 meters, and the better handhelds and panel mounted units to ten meters which can throw speeds way off over a short distance. The speed functions are averaged over time and are fairly accurate as long as you hold a constant speed for a few minutes, but not if you momentarily achieve your speed and back off.

· Registered
230 Posts
Actually, GPS's are not accurate always accurate for speeds. Most cheap handheld units are positionally accurate to 50 meters, and the better handhelds and panel mounted units to ten meters which can throw speeds way off over a short distance. The speed functions are averaged over time and are fairly accurate as long as you hold a constant speed for a few minutes, but not if you momentarily achieve your speed and back off.
+1,000,000,000.......... The only way to accurately figure speed is by using MATH..... the speedos are off because they dont compensate for tire wear, gear changes, and many other things..... but the speedos on our bikes use math to figure speed...... you as a human can compensate for losses and gains here and there throughout the mathematical algorithm and calculate speed very very accurately..... the speedo will usually save you a ticket..... but if everyone is really that serious about knowing exact speed..... then use some math.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts